Maya Chan or Ruins?

SJpaul

We are going to belize, costa Maya, Roatan and Cozumel on the Dream. Trying to figure out what to do where. I hear that Maya Chan is a GREAT bech 9 and I like the idea of the kyak and snorkel there), but I hear that Costa maya has great ruins. I was thinking of Cave tubing in Belize.....

Any suggestions on what to do where?

Absolutely, Maya Chan in Costa Maya and then the ruins in Belize at Lumanai. We took the same trip several weeks ago and I researched until I thought I would go crazy. Very very very pleased with our excursions. They were both amazing!!!!

We just visited Maya Chan during our Christmas cruise and had a great time. I was with friends from Great Britain and their son, also had my DH and 2 sons (teenagers) with me. All of us found fun things to do: kayakking, relaxing, lounging in the hammocks, playing mini golf, trying different concoctions at the bar. We had a wonderful time and are already making plans to return.

We did Native Choice tours back in February to the Chaccoben ruins, and had a good time on their reasonably priced tour. Just have to decide what you are in a mood for.

As far as Belize, we did the cave-tubing dot com (have to spell it or it will be removed) excursion with ATVs and the tubing. The guys were great; we will definitely be looking at this company again. Lots of fun for a fantastic price.

Hope this helps you,

Thanks All- I really do want to do do Maya Chan- just not sure I have time in Belize to do Lumani- maybe I will look int Tulum-

4texans4- Did you have time to go all the way to Lumanai ? I woudl love to do that, but we are only in from 7-3- looks tight- Did you take the DREAM as well>

Thanks All- I really do want to do do Maya Chan- just not sure I have time in Belize to do Lumani- maybe I will look int Tulum-

4texans4- Did you have time to go all the way to Lumanai ? I woudl love to do that, but we are only in from 7-3- looks tight- Did you take the DREAM as well>

I believe, that Island Marketing, who we went with and has really good reviews, watches very carefully the times of the ships. There were several other people off our boat that went with us as well. If time is short, the boat driver might not stop and point out things, they might not give you time to linger over lunch, or lounge around on top of any of the ruins. I might be completely naive, but we just left it up to them, and they were amazing. Jenny was our taxi driver and our tour guide was Carlos. Very professional, highly recommend! The howler monkeys were hilarious and scary all in the same breath. It was great!!!!! We were on the Spirit.

Archived