Carnival Magic Mediterranean - June 12, 2011

emjsea

Hello guys & gals. My b.f. and I will be sailing from Barcelona on June 12, 2011 on the 12-day Carnival Magic cruise. We are wondering if any other G&L folks will be on board?

As we are traveling with a group of straight family that we'll find some other people to mingle with here on during a Friends of Dorothy meeting.

We've done many Atlantis cruises, but our last cruise was Carnival out of our home port of Baltimore a year ago (January) when we took our mothers on a cruise. There were many FOD meetings on that cruise so fingers crossed about the Magic Med cruise.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

16 days until Barcelona, 18 days until the cruise. Does everyone have their excursions booked? Here are ours:

Monte Carlo - The Colors of The French Riviera

Rome - Rome at Its Best

Florence - Uffizi Museum and Florence**

Naples - Taste of Sorrento & Pompeii

Dubrovnik - By Land & Sea

Venice - Masterpieces of Venice**

Venice - Murano, St. George's Island and Gondola Tour

Sicily - Taormina & Greek Theatre.

** I'm on my own on these so I'm especially interested to know if any of you all will be on them!

emjsea- Are you on our regular roll call? We have a lot of great people on there. They are all very open and friendly. It is a huge roll call with people doing all sorts of things. I created spread sheets for it, etc. You can find a link to them in my signature.

As for excursions, the only thing we are doing through Carnival is the Cinque Terre in Livorno. It was hard to give up Florance, but I really am a sucker for scenic views, etc.

Monaco will be on our own but I want to go to the exotic gardens and "the rock". Naples we are doing a private tour of the Amalfi Coast, etc. Rome we are headed to the Vatican and then just walking around. We were there on a cruise in January and saw lot of the "Imperial" sites. Dubrovinik is going to be wall walking and maybe the cable car. The only plans we have for Venice are the tickets I bought for the "secret itineraries" tour of the Doge's Palace. Messina we are headed to Taormina on our own.

We fly out soon. We will be in Amsterdam for three days before heading over to Barcelona. Our cruise in January left from Barcelona so we spent time there then. I love, love, love that city though. I am glad we are staying an extra day after the cruise.

Hope all is well!

Hey folks, hope to hear more about your cruise, both here and on the other roll calls. We have only really been on one other cruise and that was on Princess a couple years back out here on the west coast. They did have G&L meetings most every day and it was a great way to meet folks. We leave a month after you do (17 Jul) on a 7 day cruise. We then are going to spend a few days in Sitges, then back to Barcelona for a few nights, then 5 nights in Paris and finally 6 nights in Amsterdam (during Pride)

Really looking forward to it, was in Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam last June and we decided then and there we had to come back to Amsterdam this summer.

Kendall

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out how to schedule a taxi service to pick us up when we disembark from the Magic and take us to BCN. We have a large group and it's less expensive to hire a bus than to take the transfer from Carnival. We have a 10:30 am flight. Any idea what time we can disembark? Has anyone scheduled their own taxi pickup at the port in Barcelona?

You can make arrangements with Carnival for transport to the airport. Although we stayed in Barcelona for a few days, I did notice they were offering this service and you will get off the ship even earlier than the rest of us. Which is damn early in the first place. You should have no trouble making a 10:30 a.m. flight.

Archived