Single mom with three kids taking taxi to Paradise Beach

sarahcd

My sister and her boys are cruising with my husband, myself and our two kids next month. We want to take taxis to Paradise Beach. My concern is sending her off in a taxi by herself with three young kids (oldest is 9). I'd lend her my husband but I don't want to go off by myself either!!! Are there larger taxis that could accomodate all 8 of us? Is it a short ride? Should I be concerned? I wouldn't have any idea whether or not a taxi is going the right direction.

Do not worry either way you are safe - although if you want to ride together there will be a long line of taxis at the cruise port and I am sure there will be some vans. I have been to Cozumel several times even spent an entire week there and drove around on my own. Drove around, walked around down town - never felt unsafe. As far as directions, leave the cruise port and turn left and stay on that road for about 10-15 miles probably about a 20 minute drive I am guessing. You will drive past downtown and then into the "newer area" of Cozumel. I have 3 kids and would not think twice about taking a cab to Paradise Beach. Relax and enjoy you will be safe.

Archived