Taxi Price.... and best beach area

hawaiibound24

• 2 weeks later...
What is the price to take a taxi from the port (Calica) to downtown Playa del Carmen? What is the best beach in that area? Are there better ones near by? We will be there in early February on the Elation.

Thanks...

I think we paid 26 Dollars round Trip from the Port of Calica to downtown Playa del Carmen in Oct. We bought the roundtrip ticket at the Taxi booth by the Pier.

Did you pay per person? I think in Cozumel the price is per cab for up to 4 people. (just wondering if we can share a cab with others on the cruise).

It was per Cab. You purchase the roundtrip Ticket at the booth outside the Pier next to the Ship and get a piece of paper which has your return on it. So don't loose it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just there last week - $13 one way (per cab) for up to 4 people. There is a taxi ticket booth on pier (past all the vendors) in Calica. It was just the dh and I. We asked people waiting in line if anyone wanted to share a taxi; so another couple joined us. We just purchased the one way fare.

When we were ready to return to Calica from Playa del Carmen, there were others standing around waiting for taxis. So once again, we asked if anyone wanted to share.

Just there last week - $13 one way (per cab) for up to 4 people. There is a taxi ticket booth on pier (past all the vendors) in Calica. It was just the dh and I. We asked people waiting in line if anyone wanted to share a taxi; so another couple joined us. We just purchased the one way fare.

When we were ready to return to Calica from Playa del Carmen' date=' there were others standing around waiting for taxis. So once again, we asked if anyone wanted to share.[/quote']

Just wondering since you were just there, were there "larger" taxis available (maybe like a minivan?). We will be there in June and I need to transport 5 people to Akumal. Thanks!

Just wondering since you were just there, were there "larger" taxis available (maybe like a minivan?). We will be there in June and I need to transport 5 people to Akumal. Thanks!

Yes, there are larger taxis.

When you get off the ship in Calica and through the security-check gate (for those returning to the ship), you'll take a right and walk past the vendors. There will be several car/van taxis lined up. Most of the drivers speak English. Stop and tell one of them that you need transportation for five to Akumal. You'll either be directed to a van (with payment directly to driver) at that time or sent to the booth at the end of the side-walk to purchase the fare. Make sure you ask for the price (for 5) with return trip before getting into a van.

Archived