First Dive In Grand Turk

headhurt

We will be stopping in Grand Turk and plan on diving there. This will be my first dive post open-water. With the open-water dive, I experienced a very painful full block in both ears. Couldn't hear anything for the week that followed. It left me wondering if I wanted to continue diving, so I am going to give it another shot in Grand Turk. My mom's fiance is a DM, and he will be going with me, so I have a pretty good dive buddy lined up.:D

Who is a good operator to go through? Will I need to wear a shorty, or is a swim suit adequate enough for the temps?

Any other pointers would be appreciated. I'd hate to have to give up diving altogether.:(

• 1 month later...

I'll second Blue Water Divers, I went with them about a year ago and Booked a private charter so I could dive and the rest of the family could snorkel. Mitch stayed on the boat and watched the snorkelers and I dove with dan. Had a great time and would highly reccomend them. I will be booking with them again for a stop in April while on the Pride.

Another vote for Blue Water Divers. DD, DH and I did our first dives after certification with them. They have small groups, very patient (especially with me as I am boyuantly challenged). We rented our equipment. I used a shortie, but my DD who has much less "natural insulation" used a 5ml. DD and I are returning to Grand Turk in July, and we plan on using them again.:D

Archived