Ruins and Zoo

wendygrace

I am looking for a ruins/zoo tour. I did a search and found info but it was from 2009. Anyone have any more current experience? Would love to know some great tour groups that do this. Thanks!

We are a family of four. Kids will be 9 and 7 and we are not interested in shopping or cavetubing here.

thanks.

I am looking for a ruins/zoo tour. I did a search and found info but it was from 2009. Anyone have any more current experience? Would love to know some great tour groups that do this. Thanks!

We are a family of four. Kids will be 9 and 7 and we are not interested in shopping or cavetubing here.

thanks.

We just returned from our cruise last night and had a stop in Belize City. We booked the Belize Zoo tour with the director. It is not like the zoos you see in the US. The director started this rehab for animals 20 years ago. She works with the local animals only and is a book of knowledge. She will let you feed some of the animals and gives you a bit of info and history about them. It took about an hour by cab to get there from the port. You don't want to walk around outside of this port. There is nothing much to speak of and a very poor area. Our driver Ernie was wonderful and after our tour took us to a local place to eat on the water. Very rustic very local and excellent food. Lunch for two with 2 sodas was $18.00 US . Fresh fish, shrimp, rice and beans plantains. The children might enjoy this adventure.

Archived