A few questions for recent Jewel cruisers

dockrocker

Just picked up a good deal on the Jewel for late February. We haven't been on this ship for a few years. Would appreciate updates from recent cruisers on the following:

1. Are day passes to the spa still available and if so, what is the cost? (We are not interested in a weeklong pass.) Can you still use the spa all day with the purchase of any spa treatment/service?

2. Do the small but free steam rooms just off the gym still exist?

3. What are the current prices for the fee restaurants (Le Bistro, Mama's, Chin Chin, Tango's)?

4. What is the current system for making restaurant reservations at the atrium reservations desk? Same day, up to one day ahead, etc.?

5. Is there still a self-service laundry room? I'm not actually planning to do laundry on a week-long cruise, but am just curious if NCL has kept these on any ships or if they're all gone now. We really enjoyed having this on two-week cruises.

Thanks in advance!

Didn't use the spa or gym, so I can't help with those.

No laundry rooms.

You can make reservations the day before. Fee restaurants are:

Cagneys: $25

LeBistro: $20

Sushi Bar:$15

Chin Chin:$15

Mongolian:$15

Mama's: $10

Tango's: $10

Enjoy! We really loved the Jewel-- hope you do, too.

Thanks, Shelli, for this info! We loved the Jewel in 2005 and 2006 -- will be nice to sail her again. With this itinerary going out of New York, we're glad to be on a ship that has as many cozy indoor hangouts as the Jewel does...that first and last day will probably be quite nippy outside.

We were told (by spa crew) that there was absolutely no access to the spa area when purchasing a spa service, when I asked specifically about a shower after a massage, I was told I could probably do that, but no pools access. I don't purchase spa passes, but was told that they often sell out of weeklong passes, especially in the winter sailing from NYC, and if that happens, they do not sell daily passes (again, never tried to buy them, just going by what others have told me).

Sorry, can't help you with the other questions! have a great cruise on my favorite ship!

Robin

Jewel Spa is $99/week for one. We paid $150 for a couple for the week but not sure if that was discounted. I've seen pics of some of the spas on the other ships and it is not as fancy or tropical but we loved it. Very relaxing and serene.

They don't have a pool to swim in. They have separate male and female areas with jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, hot/cold spa showers, japanese plunge pool (bathtub with cold water), regular showers, chairs/ottomans to relax in with a great daytime view. In the coed relaxation room they have about 8 heated beds which are nice and were usually available (although sometimes crowded), a few chairs again with the same great view and a hydrotherary jacuzzi with 'beds' you can lay on for a great massage (as opposed to sitting on the side as in a regular hot tub). They provided robes, towels, hairdryers, lotion, as well as juice, ice water and tea - maybe coffee too.

Enjoy.:)

Archived