Covey Balcony??

rdrseller

One of the really nice things that I have experienced on Carnival is the fact that (on the ships I've sailed), there is a plexiglass view to the water. The Cove Balcony is inside the hull (no plexiglass), so the view to the water is somewhat obstructed if you are sitting on your balcony, from what I've seen (no view straight down to the water from your chair).

Still, I wouldn't hesitate to book one. On the cruise I checked, I think it was less expensive than the other balconies, and if you like the sound of the water going by....you can't lose!

One of the really nice things that I have experienced on Carnival is the fact that (on the ships I've sailed), there is a plexiglass view to the water. The Cove Balcony is inside the hull (no plexiglass), so the view to the water is somewhat obstructed if you are sitting on your balcony, from what I've seen (no view straight down to the water from your chair).

Still, I wouldn't hesitate to book one. On the cruise I checked, I think it was less expensive than the other balconies, and if you like the sound of the water going by....you can't lose!

In fact, the view is actually better from a seated position than it is from a normal balcony...

:)

Actually you don't have to look down unless you want to get splashed some :D You are close to the waterline and spray :D Now on the Dream class ship regular balconies looking down wouldn't help anyway since you would be more than likely looking at deck 5 :(

In fact, the view is actually better from a seated position than it is from a normal balcony...

Well, that's interesting. I wouldn't think you could see it, but maybe that's because you have been there and I haven't ;)

One day I'll give the Cove a try!

I normally do aft or aft wrap. Can't afford it on Carnival anymore since they are now charging more for those. So If I have to go to a side balcony anyway do you think I would like these less expensive cove ones? I actually prefer cover on my balcony so that is a plus. I was concerned about seeing the water while sitting... from what you all have posted sounds like that is a non issue, so here is my last question. Is there a greater chance of motion sicknes being so close to the water? I have never had a room lower than main... in fact its been a few years since I've even had one as low as main.

thoughts on motion in the cove rooms?

Well, that's interesting. I wouldn't think you could see it, but maybe that's because you have been there and I haven't ;)

One day I'll give the Cove a try!

The cut out in the hull for the balcony is HUGE!!!

It always seems that no matter how I position myself on a regular balcony the rail is in the way. Not so with a Cove. Here's a picture of a Cove from the outside:

Dream019.jpg

Yeah, now that you have shown me the picture, I agree with you. This looks very nice. I saw it once from another ship, but didn't get a close enough look. I just remember telling hubby: one day we're gonna be there!

The Coves remind me a great deal of the suites I've had on Fantasy Class ships and the In Hull balcony cabins on the Queen Mary 2. I think they're amazing and most likely would not book any other type of cabin on a Dream Class ship.

The Coves remind me a great deal of the suites I've had on Fantasy Class ships and the In Hull balcony cabins on the Queen Mary 2. I think they're amazing and most likely would not book any other type of cabin on a Dream Class ship.

We are taking your word (and those of others) for it. We booked a cove balcony for april 16. I probably never would have if not for what I hac red on CC. thanks everyoney!

Archived