New contact person at Ramses?

dijid

My understanding is that Mohammed is one of the owners. He conducted our tour after an error by them left us without a guide when we arrived. He was very good and very professional. I thought Mr. George worked under him.

Here's a photo in case someone recognizes him.

225878955_Ramsesguide.jpg.55519ead69d90e6c4cd3fbf8efd9dc79.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We did a tour last November with Ramses and had a fabulous time and would highly recommend them. I believe that H. George and Mohammed Yousef are one in the same and the photo posted is him....I believe he is one of the owners and President of the company and many times will greet everyone at the pier as they are getting into the vehicles with their guides....we were confused, too.....if you go to the ramsestours.com website they have updated it and you can click on "pick your guide" and they have photos of the guides posted....if George (or Mohammed in this photo) gave you the tour, you got a tour from one of the owners....the best email to reach them used to be ramsestours@gmail.com as one of the others posted on the website would not always work....We had Karim Serry as our guide and he was the BEST!! Would highly recommend him.....hope the situation calms down soon so everyone can return to visiting Egypt...we had a great time and would love to return one day. Ramses promised us a tour of a lifetime and lived up to their promise.

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. I run a small hotel with my partner, and sometimes I answer the calls and the emails, and sometimes he does. There is nobody in the world who can work 24 hours a day. Even if we are in the office together, it is not one person who handles all the bookings. Ramses is a fast growing company, not in the least because of all the positive reviews on CC. The big boss cannot answer everything himself. If you have a question for the US government, it is unrealistic to think Obama himself will answer your email.

We communicated mainly with Mohy before our tour in November. Yes, the emails are superlong and the english is not absolutely perfect. For Arabs, english is a very difficult language and they do try their best. Next to answering your question, they tend to copy in the whole previous correspondence in the email. I do understand, this way they can avoid conversations like "but I thought....." It is very clear on paper what is included and what is not. It is a great misunderstanding to think that any business writes emails to potential customers from scratch all the time. Of course, all companies copy and paste standard answers.

Our tour guide was Eman. She looks like a little girl, but is very spunky. She checked back with the office a couple of times during the 2 days to let them know where we were, how everything was going, etc, and they would call her a couple of times to check as well. All the guides are fully licensed and have to have a degree in history, archeology and/or egyptology to be able to work at Ramses. We saw a few of their other guides at the dinner cruise and at the hotel. They all looked very friendly and professional. The other groups only had positive things to say about their tour too.

And for negative comments: there will always be people who will post unfair comments. There were other groups from Ramses on the dinner cruise, and one guy from the Midwest just so rubbed everybody the wrong way. He without any reason started being negative about muslims, that it was a backward religion, that Egypt was a backward country, and that the USA was the greatest country in the world, blah blah blah. He was very rude to all Egyptians present, including the waiters and the Ramses guides. It was extremely embarrassing for all the other people on both tours, and nobody wanted to be anywhere near him (not even his wife). You could tell that the tour guide was totally fed up with him, but that he managed to keep a professional attitude. We asked the other people on his tour if something had happened that day, but apparantly not. That is the sort of person who would post an unfairly negative review.

If you go to the Ramsestours.com website they now have a Youtube video posted with Mohammed Yousef talking in the video....this is the same man that I also know as "George" from previous emails and is co-owner of Ramses....I think maybe there are others in the office answering messages for him and sign their name for him if he is out of the office....he cannot always be the one answering everything if he is also the owner.......there has been confusion between his two names....I think over the last year or two his business may have grown and he now has another person or two helping....I would not hesitate to use Ramses......we have traveled all over the world and the tour with our Ramses guide Karim was by far the BEST tour we have ever had....they truly lived up to promising a tour of a lifetime....certainly hope the ships start returning to Egypt soon.

Archived