NCL DAWN Boston to Bermuda: Dining ashore program?

Pears13

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda, leaving Boston on 6/17/11. I've been going through the hordes of information on this site (can you say overwhelmed? We're both cruise virgins) and I came across the following:

With eateries ranging from elegant and expensive to casual and cheap, dining out in Bermuda is as much an activity as beach-bumming or duty-free shopping. To that end, NCL has created an exclusive dining ashore program -- an extension of its Freestyle Cruising program that emphasizes flexible meals -- just for its Bermuda itineraries. Cruisers are issued a Freestyle Dining Ashore lunch voucher with a $25 value for use at any participating onshore restaurant in Bermuda (a $5 is automatically added to the shipboard account; for an additional $5 charge, guests can upgrade to a $50 dinner voucher). More than 20 local restaurants honor the vouchers, which include gratuities.

I tried the link, but it was a broken link from the NCL website. I got the information from: http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/article.cfm?id=88 right here on CC.

Does anyone know if this program still exists and if so, is it worth it? Are the restaurants worth eating at, or should we just stick with going wherever the wind takes us?

Thanks for your help!

Angie

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda, leaving Boston on 6/17/11. I've been going through the hordes of information on this site (can you say overwhelmed? We're both cruise virgins) and I came across the following:

I tried the link, but it was a broken link from the NCL website. I got the information from: http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/article.cfm?id=88 right here on CC.

Does anyone know if this program still exists and if so, is it worth it? Are the restaurants worth eating at, or should we just stick with going wherever the wind takes us?

Thanks for your help!

Angie

I remember that program from many years ago, but it was discontinued several years ago. I really enjoyed the program when it was in place, and was a great value. I know it wasn't offered last year on our cruise to Bermuda....and I missed the program.

I remember that program from many years ago, but it was discontinued several years ago. I really enjoyed the program when it was in place, and was a great value. I know it wasn't offered last year on our cruise to Bermuda....and I missed the program.

You must have beat me by a nano-second...... :D

Thanks! I figured it was old as I hadn't seen any threads about it and NCL's website no longer had the link that CC is linking to. I appreciate you verifying that for me. It did sound like a good deal, especially the $5 for an extra $25. ;)

I appreciate all of you taking the time to reply. :)

Angie

Archived