Nassau Day Pass Paradise Island Resort vs British Colonial Hilton or Viva in Freeport

xfitcruiser

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are cruising for the first time. We are looking for an all inclusive beach day out of Nassau. Trying to weigh the pros and cons, was wondering if anyone had any input.

We are sailing Carnival Conquest March 27 - Eastern Carribean

We do not want to do a booze cruise, to go on a boat, from being on a boat, no thanks! I also only drink wine and my tolerance is pretty low, so, unlimited is typically not worth it. But I will do it if necessary, for the good of the cause.

I've read reviews on all of them. If we do not do this the first day in Nassau, we thought about doing it in Freeport (which would mean that we'd miss the Lucaya Market and the option to go to the beach for super cheap).

1. Of all the reviews, I have not seen anything bad for the BCH. 50 bucks for beach use and 30 for food and drink, figured we'd eat on the ship to save us some, and the bf can just purchase extra as he sees fit. Best thing, is that it's walking distance, no fear of missing the boat :)

2. The Paradise Island package is pretty reasonable at 50$ all inclusive, I'm sure we'd have to pay another 10pp to get there and back, but I could be wrong. This place has virtually no beach and the reviews aren't the greatest. I fear we would miss the boat here lol.

2. Viva Wyndham our all inclusive option for Freeport (though if we chose this, I don't know what we would do in Nassau, nothing really appealed to me. I just want to relax by the beach. This one is $87 with transfers included. We could have our drinks, and reliably get back to the ship! :)

Weighing these three, I think this is my order. But again, to my dismay, the reviews have been terrible. I like the quality of 1. The bargain of 2. And that 3. Has an extensive beach area with the all inclusive package.

Like I said earlier, currently I am trying to justify the British Colonial Hilton because it seems so much nicer than the rest.

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are cruising for the first time. We are looking for an all inclusive beach day out of Nassau. Trying to weigh the pros and cons, was wondering if anyone had any input.

We are sailing Carnival Conquest March 27 - Eastern Carribean

We do not want to do a booze cruise, to go on a boat, from being on a boat, no thanks! I also only drink wine and my tolerance is pretty low, so, unlimited is typically not worth it. But I will do it if necessary, for the good of the cause.

I've read reviews on all of them. If we do not do this the first day in Nassau, we thought about doing it in Freeport (which would mean that we'd miss the Lucaya Market and the option to go to the beach for super cheap).

1. Of all the reviews, I have not seen anything bad for the BCH. 50 bucks for beach use and 30 for food and drink, figured we'd eat on the ship to save us some, and the bf can just purchase extra as he sees fit. Best thing, is that it's walking distance, no fear of missing the boat :)

2. The Paradise Island package is pretty reasonable at 50$ all inclusive, I'm sure we'd have to pay another 10pp to get there and back, but I could be wrong. This place has virtually no beach and the reviews aren't the greatest. I fear we would miss the boat here lol.

2. Viva Wyndham our all inclusive option for Freeport (though if we chose this, I don't know what we would do in Nassau, nothing really appealed to me. I just want to relax by the beach. This one is $87 with transfers included. We could have our drinks, and reliably get back to the ship! :)

Weighing these three, I think this is my order. But again, to my dismay, the reviews have been terrible. I like the quality of 1. The bargain of 2. And that 3. Has an extensive beach area with the all inclusive package.

Like I said earlier, currently I am trying to justify the British Colonial Hilton because it seems so much nicer than the rest.

I can only comment on Paradise Island harbour and Hilton.

I've been on both properties.. numerous times (i have friends who work at both).

PIHR does not have a great reputation.. and it's for a reason. Dirty pool, slimy chairs and a hot tub that might make you sick.

Food from the bar is pretty decent, but the booze is not name brand and gives you a head ache. There is no brand name to be had, and only local beers. I do not recommend this place. It's just not worth the head ache. This will be a crazy drunkfest during spring break.

Hilton is a quiet propery with a small private beach. It's got a nice pool, hammocks hanging in the gardens, beach and poolside service and drinks are name brand as well as several popular beers and wine.

This is not a party place.. just a great place to relax.

The other option for you in Nassau might be Breezes.. depending on when you are planning on going. Bar food is good, they have brand name liquor if you ask, and several beers and wine. Great beach.

Again.. if you are going during spring break.. expect a drunkfest.

Pass is $60 pp. Includes activities as well.

I've been on both properties.. numerous times (i have friends who work at both).

PIHR does not have a great reputation.. and it's for a reason. Dirty pool, slimy chairs and a hot tub that might make you sick.

Food from the bar is pretty decent, but the booze is not name brand and gives you a head ache. There is no brand name to be had, and only local beers. I do not recommend this place. It's just not worth the head ache. This will be a crazy drunkfest during spring break.

Hilton is a quiet propery with a small private beach. It's got a nice pool, hammocks hanging in the gardens, beach and poolside service and drinks are name brand as well as several popular beers and wine.

The other option for you in Nassau might be Breezes.. depending on when you are planning on going. Bar food is good, they have brand name liquor if you ask, and several beers and wine. Great beach.

do you know if you can rent jet skis at the hilton property?

do you know if you can rent jet skis or any other water things at the hilton location?

do you know if you can rent jet skis or any other water things at the hilton location?

No.. you can't.. they are not allowed in the harbour. Hilton prides itself on being a quiet and relaxing atmosphere.. No noisy water sports, but they do have kayaks,snorkling gear, tubes and mats.. some seasons they have even had trikes.

You'll find jet skis at Breezes, Sheraton and Cabbage beach (Atlantis).

Scubagirrl,

I posted this in another forum as well, please excuse. I was wondering if you could take a small fold up cooler on the beaches of BCH (with drinks)? If not, which beach would you recommend for this? And I'm aware that you can purchase drinks there.....but would like to bring our own as well.

Scubagirrl,

I posted this in another forum as well, please excuse. I was wondering if you could take a small fold up cooler on the beaches of BCH (with drinks)? If not, which beach would you recommend for this? And I'm aware that you can purchase drinks there.....but would like to bring our own as well.

Not at BCH,for sure. .. and sheraton posts that they don't allow outside food and beverage.. but I'm not sure how they control this.. I guess it depends on who's on security on any given day.

Of course, the public beaches allow it.. but there are not many amenities..

Junkanoo beach at least has concessions and restrooms.

Archived