Emerald Princess cruise - Ports and Beach ideas...

aczi16

My family and I (3 daughters 11, 13, 19) are planning on going on the 10 Emerald Princess on April 17-27. Ports include Antiqua, St.Lucia, Barbados, St.Kitts, St. Thomas and Princess Cay. Sound familar? This is my first time cruising with Princess and in the past i have been to only Barbados and St. Thomas. I would really appreciate some ideas of what to do on all the islands except for St. Thomas - which we want to go back to St. John to Trunk Bay<3. We enjoy snorkeling, more private serene beaches, that are no cost entry fees. I'm not that big of a fan of going too deep for snorkeling. I LOVE THE MOVIE FINDING NEMO :pOn the 13 cruises I have been on I have never taken a tour, except for the ones the cab drivers give us. We usually don't spend a lot of money on tours, amenties (umbrellas, snorkel gear, food) on the islands- we come prepared!

Some simple questions i have for you =]

How far away are the destinations below (or ones you suggest) away from the cruise dock?

How crowded is it usually> popular, well known, private,etc?

How is the snorkeling at the beach? Many fish, coral?

Any must see places?

Amazing tours that are low cost?

Antigua- I have been trying to do some reseach and I kind of like Paradise reef, and Johnson's Point. I read a lot about Long Beach(i think thats the name) with the snorkeling 100' + out, which i am most scared of testing out. I enjoy the close to shore snorkeling. :D Yes im a scardey pants..of sharks, octpus, sting rays, pointy things...

(wow this is going to be a long topic :D)

St.Lucia- Grande Anse sounds facinating with the turtle watch. But does it cost money? Anse Cochon reminds me of the sands of Dominica...How much is the boat fare to get to the island? Anse Chastanet? More information.. all i know is that just off the coast of Anse Chastanet beach is the popular marine reserve that has some of the best snorkelling and diving on the island.

Barbados- Last time we went was to a beach with The Blue Monkey food place.. i dont remember the name of the beach, which is a shame because i loved that beach. Wasn't Tiger Woods married around there... Hows Batts Rock? I like how it is so close to Bridgetown. Fitts Village? Folkestone Marine Park? Its 1/3 mile off shore, which is a tad risky for me..:confused: but it sounds amazing. Should i take the chance? My 13 year old might come along, as she enjoys the same close-to-shore snorkeling. Heywoods Beach sounds almost PERFECT... more details? I believe its about a half hour away from the cruise port?

St. Kitts- Dieppe Bay is the first one on a long list of beaches i have found with information about a coral reef and calm waters.. Indian Castle Beach? I feel like im naming a whole bunch of beaches...but i cant make up my mind. heheh I like the hear your expirences with the beach.:o Sandbank Bay?

Last but not least, Princess Cays - on the following website states were to go for snorkeling, which sounds fascinating, but i dont quite under stand it (under snorkeling) http://www.**************.com/princess-cays-princess/34961-princess-cays-compiled-info-beach-water-activities-food-drinks.html

Archived