Roll Call: RCL's Navigator of the Seas, 3/07/11

FrOhara1213

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are booking this week and are curious to know if anyone on here has also booked (or are at least thinking about it). I'm doubtful there will be many of "us" on this sailing, as the date is relatively close to BOTH Atlantis cruises. Someday we'll have enough money to join the Atlantis party!

Regardless, we'd love to connect with folks ahead of time as the itinerary is a short one. That's me on the right with my boyfriend Christopher. We were on the Carnival Glory the same week last year and felt like the only gays amongst mobs of drunken Virginia Tech students (not an entirely bad thing) and only realized when we disembarked in Fort Lauderdale that the Atlantis cruise was that SAME week. Hoping for more luck this year!

CruiseCritic.jpg.dbae65b9ce1b292a91401f1844e5f0b7.jpg

Hi guys. I will be on the ship the same time as you. I will be joining my family and so I'm sure I will need some "away" time. LOL Will be traveling in a room by myself - recently lost my partner to cancer :( Determined to make this return to cruising enjoyable and would love to have some other "family" to hang out with.... :) I live in Lauderdale so it will be an easy jump over to the port for me. Where do you guys live? Will you be coming into Lauderdale early? I will check and see what stateroom I am in and will let you know. Talk to you later.....

Art

Art! It's looking like it's going to be the 3 of us mixed in with a couple thousand hammered college students. If that's not an enjoyable return to cruising, I don't know WHAT is. Chris and I from Rochester, NY and will be driving down to Port Everglades from Orlando Monday morning after visiting with some family. We've booked an inside stateroom somewhere on Deck 9. See you in 6 weeks!

MMMMMMM.....let's see....... 3 of us......... a couple thousand drunk college students....... I LIKE THOSE ODDS!!!!!! LOL

I'm booked into balcony stateroom 7558.

My number is 954-394-6374. Let's touch base before the cruise..... :)

Art

• 2 weeks later...

Add 2 more men to the March 7 cruise. Royal Caribbean posts a FOD 'Meet and Greet' nite on the community bulletin board, but we have more fun and better turn outs when the group plans its' own events (late night hot tub, dinners, bar nites, shore parties etc) Be sure to check out the glass walled men's room on Deck 11 as you go into the Windjammer Buffet. Excellent ocean view-it's unique. Looking forward to a great time.

Doug & Kevin

Gainesville, FL

Finally, I live in Fort Lauderdale and my friend and I decided to take a cruise for the first time... I forgot the deck and stuff. All I know is Stateroom Y (whatever that means).

Still I am so glad there are family around since I was worried we would be all by ourselves.

Hope to meet you guys and best of all have fun. Of course any tips would be helpful.

If all goes well we will be planning an Atlantis trip next year (since the ones this year are all booked)

Best regard and see you soon!!!!

Looks like it is going to be a party...... <g> Doug, Kevin, Eduardo and friend glad you guys are going. Eduardo, I'm from Lauderdale too....This will be my third time on Navigator - it's a great ship and it will be a great first cruise for you and your friend. As far as the FOD posting goes, the last time I was on the Navigator, they had stopped posting the gatherings on the board but they allowed individuals to post them. We'll have to see what the situation is when we get there.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. My email is ArtHoff001@aol.com if anyone wants to touch base before embarkation. Doug and Kevin, are you guys coming down the day of the cruise or are you staying in Lauderdale the night before?

See you all soon!

Art

Just when I thought I was right. I realized that my trip is right before you guys leave :( we depart on Thursday March 3rd to Cozumel from Fort Lauderdale. GRRR

Thanks ArtHoff for the tips :) and I hope all goes well with you and best of all have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Talked to a few people on this forum and we've decided to schedule an initial FOD meet and greet at the Sky Bar on deck twelve @ 4:30 the day of embarkation. This will give everyone a chance to socialize over cocktails before dinner. We can decide then the venue and time for our next get together. I will be on the ship early so I will post the meet and greet on the bulliten board so hopefully other "family" who are not privy to this forum will meet up with us.

As well, Doug and Kevin (hotdog647) will be arriving in from Gainesville on Sunday before the cruise and we will be meeting up at Rosie's on Wilton Drive for cocktails around 5ish. For those of you not familiar with Rosie's, it is in the gay district on the Drive. It is a restaraunt/bar (mostly bar on Sunday night) that caters primarily to gay men. It is the most poular place for the boys to hang out on Sunday afternoon/evening and is normally quite crowded. Anyone who would like to join us is welcome!

If anyone needs recommendations on where to eat/stay ect.. in Lauderdale, feel free to give me a call - always enjoy showing off my city... :)

Looking forward to a relaxing cruise and to meeting all of you!

Art

Cabin # 7558

954-394-6374

I'll be on the 5 night NOS cruise April 4. Please write a review upon your return and let me know how it went. I would also be interested in knowing what was on the dining room menu for dinner each night.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks.

Archived