Sapphire beach vs Megan's Beach

workit

I was wanting to go to Megan's Beach as it is spoken of being 1 of the worlds tom 10 beaches but I am seeing other beaches that are spoken highly of.

I am just looking to soak up the sun on the beach...thats all.

Thanks

:):)could you please tell me about the snorkeling and available facilities at sapphire such as ..restrooms...snack stands to get water...and restrooms and their condition..looking forward to doing a snorkel trip with 6 adults in april with RCL,,,,,

I would choose Sapphire for the snorkeling and there is no fee.

:):)could you please tell me about the snorkeling and available facilities at sapphire such as ..restrooms...snack stands to get water...and restrooms and their condition..looking forward to doing a snorkel trip with 6 adults in april with RCL' date=',,,,[/quote']

Sapphire is a very beautiful beach but a little smaller than Magen's. There are restrooms and they are not the cleanest (being generous here). The day we went, the beach had people on it but it was not packed as I've heard Magen's was the same day. We don't snorkel but there is a reef at the south (?) end where people were snorkelling. There were vendors and they stayed at the back behind the beach and didn't approach people which I appreciated. Friends we met on our tour said they found a restaurant at the other end which was expensive. We bought snacks and drinks from a lady with a cooler, they were not expensive.

I will do Megan's Bay excursion offered by Carnival.

Have you thought about doing it on your own? You can do it on your own for less money, and you will be able to come and then depart when you want to. There are taxis at the end of the pier to take you and a lot of taxis at the beach to bring you back.

For what it is worth, this is what Godfrey posted on his website. I would think he would know:

Sapphire Beach is open, but the restaurant and bar on the beach have been closed for a long time. Restrooms are not maintained, dirty and in bad condition. Godfrey Tours will not take any guest to Sapphire Beach until this problem is solved.

For what it is worth, this is what Godfrey posted on his website. I would think he would know:

Sapphire Beach is open, but the restaurant and bar on the beach have been closed for a long time. Restrooms are not maintained, dirty and in bad condition. Godfrey Tours will not take any guest to Sapphire Beach until this problem is solved.

We were there 2 weeks ago and one couple on our tour said they found a restaurant and had an expensive hot dog. I can't offer any more than that but there is some kind of restaurant around, perhaps at one of the hotels. The public washrooms are not maintained. There was a layer of water or urine on the floor with a saturated bath mat in front of each toilet.

• 2 weeks later...

Incorrect, the restaurantS and barS are open...I was just there 1/23/11.

Incorrect, the restaurantS and barS are open...I was just there 1/23/11.

Are you talking abou the the restaurant where you sit down to eat, or the people that sell food on the beach? As far as I know, the restaurant has been closed for a few years now.

Joanne

We were at Sapphire Beach last week. The restrooms remind me of a ballpark restroom. Could be cleaner but what do you expect with a 100 people using it. There are young adults going up and down the beach taking food and drink orders. We ordered two mahi mahi wraps (should have split one but they were excellent) and two rum punch drinks (plenty of alcohol). Cost us about $30. Nice waitress. We are looking at booking the condos for a future trip. Great beach.

Archived