Buying wine in Plaka

5326jan

I recently stayed near Hadrian's Arch at the Athens Gate hotel -- don't recall running across any store in the immediate area selling bottles.

If you're looking for wine to take on the cruise, there is a duty-free shop at the pier in Piraeus that might be the easiest option. Also, I did find a store near the Grande Bretagne on Syntagma square that had a small selection of Greek wine.

I recently stayed near Hadrian's Arch at the Athens Gate hotel -- don't recall running across any store in the immediate area selling bottles.

If you're looking for wine to take on the cruise, there is a duty-free shop at the pier in Piraeus that might be the easiest option. Also, I did find a store near the Grande Bretagne on Syntagma square that had a small selection of Greek wine.

Thanks! Is the shop on the pier or near, where I would need the taxi to stop on the way to the pier?

Thanks! Is the shop on the pier or near, where I would need the taxi to stop on the way to the pier?

It is actually in the pier building (i.e., where you check in) that was used on our cruise both leaving and returning to Piraeus. Very convenient. I think this is the main pier used for cruise ships (as opposed to ferries).

If you are facing the McDonald's in Syntagma Square, go to the left into the Plaka, take the first left, then another left..there is a store there, on the left, that sells wine and beer.

Sherry

Thank you Sherry, it will be nice to pick some up for the first few days we are in Athens!:D

Archived