That is where I got lots of information about transportation

and hotels. The new I work in Port Canaveral section of the

cruise critic. Great info about everything around Port

Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm taking a trip in May on Freedom. We are flying into Orlando airport and are wondering what is the best way to get to Port Canaveral. Anyone have any recommendations on taxi companies, car services, etc? Or should I just book the shuttle through RCI (even though it seemed pricey)?

Thanks,

Robin

Hi Robin,

We used Executive VIP Limosine services before and after our Freedom cruise a few weeks ago. Michael (owner) gave a great rate and was very prompt with a phone call the day before pick-up. Marlene (driver) picked us up from our hotel in the Orlando International Airport area and even took us on a side trip to Dunkin Donuts on our way to Port Canaveral. This company is highly recommended! (viplimo@screenstar.com is Michael's email address) Make sure you mention the Cruise Critic boards.

And to touch on rental cars.... We much prefer that someone else pick us up and drop us off rather than having to deal with the hassle of a rental car. Why worry about gas, tolls, directions, etc, etc...? It is vacation, you know! Let someone else drive. . . ;)

Hope you find what you're looking for. Enjoy your time on Freedom!

Audrey♥

I can recommend Star Trans-VIP. We used them more then once and are very happy with their service. I've learned about this company here on cruisecritic.com

Prices are great. We paid $140 from Disney to the port and $115 from the port to the airport (for a family of 7 with 13 huge bags).

I also heard they offer "luggage hold" service (not sure how it is actually called). The idea is ... they will hold your luggage while you are shopping or visiting an attraction. We were planning to use this service while shopping in Florida mall (had 5 hours before the flight) , but had to rush to the ER right after the cruise (one of our family members got very sick).

Site - http://www.orlandotransportation-shuttle.com

We also used Mears just a couple of times. It was OK ... not very personalized and a bit expensive.

• 1 month later...

We just booked a cruise on the Freedom in April 2012. We have booked a room at the Radisson in Cape Canaveral for the night before our cruise. They have a shuttle that will pick you up at Orlando airport. I was told it would be $70 for 4 of us. Has anyone used this service? Just wondering how prompt they are at picking you up.

• 2 months later...
If we do a one way rental, how do we get from the cruise to the car rental place when we get back? Do they have shuttles readily available?

yes most of the agencies have locations right near the port offering free shuttle service to and from the port.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any comments on this company? Found the listing on the Port Canaveral thread. We are a group of 4 adults with baggage and no one wants to do the driving from Orlando airport to Cocoa Beach. Price in cash 196 round trip ( return from port). Since planning to just stay on beach pre cruise day, we won't need a car. Rental pretty expensive for some reason for Cdn(or I am doing something wrong)

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any comments on this company? Found the listing on the Port Canaveral thread. We are a group of 4 adults with baggage and no one wants to do the driving from Orlando airport to Cocoa Beach. Price in cash 196 round trip ( return from port). Since planning to just stay on beach pre cruise day, we won't need a car. Rental pretty expensive for some reason for Cdn(or I am doing something wrong)

Search Executive vip limo. They are highly rated

Just back from our b2b cruise(March 26 to April 1st). We did use this company and are very satisfied. We were met as promised promptly at the airport after a very uneventful full flight from Detroit. MCo airport extremely easy to navigate.

We used the same company for transfer to the pier from Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach; and return to the airport after our b2b cruise, again very little wait time and easy pick up.

We arranged final payment in cash after final transport to the airport for a better option than credit card. Vans exceptionally clean and comfortable. Both drivers gave tour like info on the area answered all our questions and suggested places to eat. (Jerry:.. Thanks for the reference to Florida Seafood in Cocoa Beach..we ate well for fabulous $)

Would arrange transport with Spaceport Transport again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
How can I contact Executive vip limousine service?

We used them 2 weeks ago from Orlando to the Port and they were an hour late picking us up. If you are flexible, then use them but if you want to be somewhere at a specific time, I'd find someone else.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've done this three times and the easiest way is to rent a car (look for discount codes on mousesavers.com) it is a straight shot to the cruise terminal and the car rental place (all on the same highway) plus several hotels (Radison for example).

B J

We must be doing at Peak time as I checked various websites and they wouldn't honor discounts

Archived