Another wine question

spartymi

Does anyone know what the airline restrictions ( in general) are for transporting wine. I'd like to bring approximately 4 bottles of wine on our upcoming cruise (and pay a corkage fee) but I'm not sure where to pack them. (I thought of purchasing the wine once in Miami, however, its' a Michigan wine that probably isn't available in Miami.) Many thanks.

Does anyone know what the airline restrictions ( in general) are for transporting wine. I'd like to bring approximately 4 bottles of wine on our upcoming cruise (and pay a corkage fee) but I'm not sure where to pack them. (I thought of purchasing the wine once in Miami, however, its' a Michigan wine that probably isn't available in Miami.) Many thanks.

Sorry I can't help, but that must be very special wine!

We have had no problems packing wine or liquor on even international trips (although duty-free carry on is even cheaper). I will warn you that they do occasionally break in transit. We pack them in bubble wrap, then place each in two or three extra large ziplocks with more bubble wrap in between, then place them in special purchased leakproof coolers before placing them between clothing in the center of the bags. It really is a hassle, and I would only do it for very special items.

Robin

Archived