St Thomas or Grand Turk

CRAZYBOBC

If you could only choose a dive between these places which one and why?

Thinking of a Carnival Cruise would like to dive both but Wife isnt certified she does like to snorkle and snuba, tho. Is there a way we can do both somewhere at the same time. Also should i bring my gear if im only diving once or rent? Is it better to book through the ship excursion or on my own?

Thanks

If you could only choose a dive between these places which one and why?.....

Is there a way we can do both somewhere at the same time.

Also should i bring my gear if im only diving once or rent?

Is it better to book through the ship excursion or on my own?

My take:

Grand Turk, better diving.

Yes. For example, this outfit took my wife and I out to the Grand Turk wall. She snorkeled while I dove. I would definitely use them again. http://www.grandturkscuba.com/

Bring what you got, your familiar with its operation and maintanence history.

I prefer going independent: more control of who you end up diving with and generally a cost savings as a bonus.

If you could only choose a dive between these places which one and why?

Thinking of a Carnival Cruise would like to dive both but Wife isnt certified she does like to snorkle and snuba, tho. Is there a way we can do both somewhere at the same time. Also should i bring my gear if im only diving once or rent? Is it better to book through the ship excursion or on my own?

Thanks

Dive in GT, and shop in St. Thomas would be my choice. Not much else to do in GT (as compared to St. Thomas), and the wall is phenomenal.

Thanks for advice, now my wife wants to go out of san juan, to st thomas, st lucia, barbados, st kitts, and st maarten. So now I said ok but I want to dive two islands which of these would you pick and why?

Also will go into san juan PR, a day before is it worth a dive there, i was thinking i could do an early morning dive before the cruise leaves in the eve.

I dived in Barbados and St. Lucia last October (2010)

Both dives were pretty much the same, but more vivid and bright colors to see in St. Lucia. I would with out a doubt dive there again. The first time a saw these amazing huge barrel sponges :-) I went with a private tour operator that was great and had a tour of the south east coast as well including in the price of 120$ (the cruise ship price was 160$ with nothing extra) (Dolphin diving I think the name was)

Don´t think they offer any great diving at St. Maarten (I´m going there in feb.)

Have a great dive

Helga

Iceland

Archived