Where is the Tampa cruise port?

ottmar

We will fly from Ohio to a wedding on Anna Maria Island on Dec.10 and to make the trip worthwhile we intend to book a cruise out of Tampa. I will have to arrange transportation from the wedding to the cruise port so if I could get an address of coordinated I could tell my friends with cars to drive me there or take a taxi or other transportation. That's why I'm asking.

.....Ott

Thanks Steve,

On the way to the wedding we have to get from the airport to Anna Maria, then from there to the cruise port and from the cruise ship to the airport again. Is there public transportation or is it all by taxi, which could get expensive for all these distances, depending where the airport is.

Thanks Steve,

On the way to the wedding we have to get from the airport to Anna Maria, then from there to the cruise port and from the cruise ship to the airport again. Is there public transportation or is it all by taxi, which could get expensive for all these distances, depending where the airport is.

All by taxi or rental car. Our public transit is lacking - at best. The distance from TIA to Anna Maria is about 60 miles and then from Anna Maria to the port is about 60 miles again (but by a different interstate). The cost to rent a car for a day or two will likely be cheaper than paying a taxi for that distance both ways.

Steve

Tampasteve, if we get to the ship about 10:30AM is there any place to store the bage until we can get on the ship AND is there anything to do around that area? Our place gets in about 9AM and I am not sure what we should do until we can get on the ship.

Tampasteve, if we get to the ship about 10:30AM is there any place to store the bage until we can get on the ship AND is there anything to do around that area? Our place gets in about 9AM and I am not sure what we should do until we can get on the ship.

You very well might be able to check your bags in with the porters by that time, as they'd pretty well be done with the debarkation process for those ending their cruise. Then you'd just have your carryon stuff to keep with you. Alternatively, there is a place called DestinationTampa (website same name) that will store your luggage for you; I think they charge around $10 or something like that (total, not per bag). They have an office (or desk) at both Terminal 2 and Terminal 3.

Right by the port, there is the aquarium if that interests you. There is also the Channelside entertainment complex, a collection of shops, restaurants, and bars. Unfortunately, they don't really gear towards breakfast or morning stuff - they are more lunch, dinner, and partying type places.

Down the road a couple of blocks there is a good diner type place, Zelda's Cafe. It's at the corner of Kennedy & Channelside. If the trolley has started, you can get on at Channelside & ride it down to the Port Authority stop, which is diagonal across from Zeldas. The place doesn't look like anything great from the outside, but the food is very good & the people very friendly. It's owned by a Jamaican guy who worked in the kitchen in the cruise industry for much of his life.

Archived