Help!! Can't decide..Balcony or not??

Gizzy02

If you do go for the balcony, I was just on the Freedom and they had a no smoking policy on balconies on the port (left) side of the ship so keep that in mind when picking a balcony room. We did an inside room this past trip ourselves just to save the money for lots of excursions.

One question I would ask: what would you do with that $575 if you didn't get a balcony? Would you do an extra shore excursion (or two)? Massages in the spa? A greater quantity of adult beverages?

Obviously, I don't know your financial situation, so it might be a moot point. But if you can't afford everything you might like to do on this cruise, then yes, you do have to make tradeoffs. Consider what you would be getting with a balcony, then decide if it would be worth losing "X" (alternate thing that you could spend that money on). Oh, and don't forget to factor in a potentially annoyed hubby who might not appreciate you spending that amount of money on something he might not have wanted, and without his even being asked beforehand.

FWIW, I personally don't think a balcony is worth it. If I want pictures of what's out there beyond the ship, I go up on deck, so I can be on whichever side gives me the best view at any particular moment. As for the other things that have been mentioned here . . . well, again, for me they're just not worth the price difference. And yes, I am very well aware that this is very much a minority opinion. To each their own, right?

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great cruise.

For me and being the "nervous" type, I would not leave 2 boys that age alone in a room that had access to the balcony. Granted they probably could not cause trouble, but I would be afraid one would stand on a chair to look over the railing and go overboard:eek:. Or push the other. But you know your boys better. If you think they would just sit there then no problem, but I would stay with the ocean view. Save the balcony for either when they are older or it is just you and your hubby. For me it wouldn't be worth worrying if they were ok.

Archived