Gem A4 - side preference?

Anthony&David

Has anyone stayed in an A4 on the Gem and have a preference for one side of the ship over the other? I am asking because it looks like there is an external staircase up to deck 15 on the starboard side that leads to the public sundeck and I wonder if this staircase has more traffic and if this can be heard from inside the cabin (14014). I think the Pearl and Jade have the same layout, whereas the Jewel has a private sundeck on both sides of deck 15.

Hello!

I can try to answer this but it might not be as specific as you want and I did not stay in these cabins on the Gem...

I did, however, stay in the A4 on the Pearl with DH and my father and fiance were in the other A4. Once we were in our cabin I didn't hear anything from the hallways or above/below. Don't recall dad/fiance having these complaints either (although they loved the rooms and location so much that I don't think they complained about anything!).

Have also stayed in an A3 on the Jewel in one of the middle cabins. Only noise I heard was ping-pong below which didn't bother me in the slightest.

I do think the A4 cabins are ideal. Most of the CY passengers enter/exit via the elevators and you are at the end of the hallway so there is virtually no traffic. Cabins themselves are amazing! I would also guess that most would not even know there was the back exit.

Noise above on the sun deck was never an issue either (based on only two sailings in these suites). It is generally fairly subdued up there.

As for which side, you would need to research and then figure out how the ship usually docks. Even then, it's not predictable because of drills, other ships in port etc. You probably won't care though because you will love your cabin so much it won't matter:D...any other questions I can try to answer.

Coffeecat

Hi Coffeecat,

Thanks for the information. Do you have pictures of the A4? Was the balcony terribly small?

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

I looked through my pics and the ones of the A4 that we had are pretty blurry and not the best quality...however check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1317020&highlight=a3+pictures

There is one picture in here of the balcony and I believe these were an A3. The A4 is smaller (maybe 50 ft or so) but still large enough to fit two large chairs like you see on the photo in this thread. I thought the balcony was very nice and cozy. If you need more open room you need only to walk out your door and up one flight to the private sundeck!

The Jewel A3 and Pearl A4 had essentially the same color schemes so my guess is that the Gem villas would be decorated similarly.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Coffeecat

We stayed in Gem 14014 and my parents were in 14514. Both were super quiet and felt secluded since they are at the end of the hallway around a corner from the other cabins on 14. No noise from either the public or private sundecks above.

Here's some photos of the balcony. Very small (smaller than the one I usually have in the mini suite) but OK for two people. Also with the courtyard and private sundeck, we hardly spent any time on the balcony.

Enjoy the A4. Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

gem201097.jpg.95934c70892fb96f7e35b04427fde572.jpg

gem201096.jpg.4255a8226d2a480b3670fafd51eec158.jpg

Archived