Carnival Dream Aft Wrap--Noise?

ERM66

We've recently booked an aft-wrap deck cabin, #6492, on the Carnival Dream, but I've read mixed reviews about noise issues coming from the promenade deck and the Burgundy Lounge one deck below. Anybody had an issue with this?

We were on 7, but friends of ours were on 6 in the aft. You have the piano bar, the back lounge where they have comedy club and karaoke, plus the song lounge. There were noise complaints from people who went to be early. For people who were out late - they felt it was better because those areas are quieter in the morning. We were on the 7th deck aft and had no problems. Our friends had children and it was a problem. The kids actually slept up in our cabin after day 3 because of the noise on deck 6 coming from deck 5.

We've recently booked an aft-wrap deck cabin, #6492, on the Carnival Dream, but I've read mixed reviews about noise issues coming from the promenade deck and the Burgundy Lounge one deck below. Anybody had an issue with this?

ERM66,

We never heard anything from the lounge below. The promenade wasn't noisy, but do expect there to be people lounging during the day on Sea Days; none were noisy during our week in 6492, but I'm sure each cruise crowd is different. When seated or laying down I didn't hear anything at all from promenade, but when I stood at the rail I could hear words, but not conversations.

Aside from a young couple joining the promenade club, the most amusing thing I saw on the aft promenade is that chair hogs are EVERYWHERE even back there. :o

Thanks so much! That's what we were hoping to hear. We knew we were taking a risk, but opted for the bigger room/bigger balcony knowing we might have to deal with some noise issues.

Archived