WI FI on Pacific Jewel for an iPad

stanc61

This shouldn't be a problem, but I haven't tried it myself. WiFi hotspots are listed in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1164710

Pacific Jewel has internet stations in several locations around the ship; in the library (Deck 8) in The Atrium (Deck 5), in the Chocolate Cafe (Deck 10).

The connection speed is desperately slow, so I wouldn't bother unless you were just checking and sending email. Costs were also in the post I linked to above:

There is a onetime setup fee of $3.95. Then you can either pay 75 cents per minute or buy a package. Packages are

$55 = 100 minutes

$75 = 150

$100 = 250

$175 = 500

Thanks for that Wilkono, we were thinking about uploading some photos to photobucket but might restrict it to just catching up with family via facebook and just posting once a day. Then find a free wi fi when we are in port.

Thanks for that Wilkono, we were thinking about uploading some photos to photobucket but might restrict it to just catching up with family via facebook and just posting once a day. Then find a free wi fi when we are in port.

Hi Stan,

Cant answer your question except to say there will be hot spots on board. We have quite often seen folk wandering around , laptop in hand trying to pick up a signal.

The other thing to bear in mind is that the speed on board , is very slow and frustrating at most times, so I dont know how you would get on uploading pics.

We usually go to an internet cafe ashore and they have high speed which will whizz through anything else you want.

Archived