Roll Call-atlantica 03/20/05

Guarapo

Who Will be Joining us?..:cool: .would love to hear from previous passengers on their experiences on the eastern caribbean route as well as ports of call, Tours etc.

And also those that will be taking this cruise.:D

We are also a group of four but had to get seperate cabins,I was wondering if they allowed any 4 passengers per cabin,i was told there were none available on this cruise,as they have limited quads on costa.

On the subject of kids programs,there are several depending on the kids age group,can't find any reviews here.:(

Any ways We expect to have a great time from all the reviews here and on other boards. everyone rates Toga Nights as the best activity on board.

TOGA.TOGA.TOGA!.Dont forget to pack extra safety pins.:D

:o I was beginning to wonder if we were going to be the only one's on this cruise. We'll be leaving beautiful, crisp, clear Minnesota behind for a whole week of sunshine. Oh well, it's a tough job but someone's got to do it! My wife & I have a balcony room also on the fifth floor. We are traveling with my brother-in-law, his wife and college senior daughter and their high school senior son with three of his hockey team mates. This is our sixth caribbean cruise, but first on the Costa Cruise line. We've already been to most of the ports, so I don't know if we will even be getting off the ship. We are simply looking forward to some warm weather, relaxation and that terrific caribbean sun!

Any info on the good the bad and the ugly on the eastern caribbean ports of Call?.

Not sure what to do on la Romana at night?.other than maybe visit Casa Campo via taxi,is it worth it?:cool:

Yes, we booked the cruise over 6 months ago. I do remember reading somewhere that the 4 person cabins were limited. With less that two weeks to go - I feel like a little kid looking foward to Christmas! Can't wait! I was initially concerned after reading some of the bad reviews that I had seen online but early on decided that there are those people who see the glass half empty and some see it half full. I prefer to see the glass half full and anticipate having an awesome time!:)

Do you have young kids? OUrs are 6 and 8.

Yes we have a 7 year old...:)

Toga night is a roman style show where the passengers get to participate in

talent shows.wearing a toga style robe,the audience can give the thumbs up or down will send you to the lions :eek:oor to the buffet:) .from what i been reading is a must see show.

Happy Cruising....ARRIVADERCHI!

It's almost here!!!!! Is anyone as excited as I am?!?!?!? :D I have found some good info about excursions on other threads on this board. Found a great evening walking tour guide for San Juan - same price as the one thru Costa but the difference is she only takes 15 people instead of a much larger group and she has great reviews here. Her name is Debbie and her website is:

http://www.*****.com/

The other one is a tour guide in St. Thomas (Sunny Liston). For only $20 a person he picks you up at the ship, drops you off for 1, 2 or 3 hrs of shopping (your choice) then he picks everyone up at noon and does a tour that includes going to the top of the highest mountain on the island. Then he takes you to your choice of beach for 2 hrs and picks you up and takes you back to the ship. All that for only $20 a person!!! (And you don't pay him until the end of the tour!) He has also gotten rave reviews on this board. Sunny's website is:

http://www.sunnylistontours.com/

If you want to read other cruisers' feedback on these two just go to the section of Cruise Critics that has the threads on the ports and you will find the info there.

Can't wait til Sunday!:)

Three more days!.......:D .I been practicing my italian. .key words to learn on this cruise,that should come in handy.

Bonjorno:Good morning!

Ensena La dolce vida:Show me the sweet life!

Donde este il langostino:Where is my lobster?!

Quero mas langostino :I want more lobster!

Donde este me trago :Where is my drink?

Dobla il trago :Make it a double!

Arrivaderchi :Goodbye!

LOL....well ladies and gentleman we will soon be cruising italian style!

TOGA!TOGA!TOGA!.

Cya all on sunday!:D

Archived