Past Carnival brides!!!! :) Flowers & Decorations

nessa26

Soooo just wondering, what kind of extra items did you bring for your cruise ship wedding? And what does carnival allow you to bring? Also if you have pics of the bouquet they provide and or the upgraded flowers I would love to see pics!! Thanks! :)

I will let you know everything I made and brought, but I must for warn you, I am a bit obsessive, and I went above and beyond. But I will also tell you, it was all of the little things that everyone commented on. I also need to tell you that I was not married on embarkation day, so if you are, some of this may not fit in. Feel free to ask questions about anything. I am very crafty, so all of this was hand done and saved tons of money.

* I made my own flowers, the flowers that carnival provided were simple all white roses, with some ribbon. The upgraded flowers were outrageously priced. I was able to make all of my flowers for less than $100.00. I will look to see if I have a picture of the white bouquet provided by Carnival. They still gave me the flowers even though I made my own. They just stayed in the room. I made flowers for all of the following.... My bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquet, grooms bout, 3 groomsmen bouts, 4 parents corsages, 3 sisters corsages, flowers for the sand ceremony table.

* I purchased little silver picture frames from Hobby Lobby in the wedding section. They hold wallet size pictures. I purchased 6, I glued flower petals and star fish to the outside of the frames, and put photos of us in the frame. These were placed on the cocktail tables at the reception.

* I made tent cards that were placed next to disposable cameras on each table at the reception, telling everyone to use the cameras to help preserve our wedding memories.

* I used a signature frame for our guest book, but on the glass frame I glass etched our names and wedding date to add something extra.

* I made fancy cards with the wedding details, such as the room location, and reception location that I handed out upon boarding the ship.

* I made fun cards in the shape of fruity drinks with a funny saying inviting my guests to a cocktail party that Carnival provided from the points I redeemed off our group booking.

* I purchased personalized gifts for each person that helped me with the wedding, my wedding party, and our parents. I handmade cards for each gift.

* I made adorable tropical themed distressed scrapbooks that I gave to each guest as a "wedding favor/thank you," I handed these and the gifts out at the cocktail party.

* I made detailed instructions for every guest on how the ceremony was lined out. (This was necessary because everyone had a part in my wedding).

* I made small vials of sand for everyone in attendance, as they were all part of our sand ceremony. Each vial had a personal note attached with a poem. Each guest as they entered the room to be seated, took their vial of sand and poured it into the vase of the person they were there to represent. This act signified their part in our life before we were joined as one. The wedding party and parents poured their vial of sand as part of the actual ceremony when they walked down the aisle.

* I glass etched our names on our sand vases, and a saying on the sand ceremony frame we used.

* I made programs for all of the guests.

* I made bubble vials for each guest. (Do NOT do this, you will not be allowed to use them).

* I purchased small packages of Kleenex with our monogram on it to pass out at the guests entered the ceremony.

Carnival did not have a problem with anything I brought, with the exception of the bubbles. You also cannot bring live flowers out of the country, so all of mine were fake. We brought so much stuff on the ship, as everything had to be packaged carefully, and we had all of the attire. No one complained about anything, or the amount. We did have to open our flower packages to prove the were fake flowers.

Congrats ladies....

I went with the Carnival bouquet but purchased both the "handtie" and the color change upgrade to fuchsia. Here is a photo. One of the other brides had the original bouquet with the white roses. The flowers looked nice, but I would encourage any bride to go with the handtie upgrade (only $20). Otherwise it is very dated looking.

1073951380__MG_9734(640x512).jpg.73c05c1312f6b48a534bec4ac2ef6eda.jpg

I upgraded my flowers to 12 roses and 10 Gerber Daisys in Red. It was $180

RedRoseGerberaBouquet.jpg

I purchased Fake for everyone else on Ebay.

Bought Cake Topper from GinaFreeHill.com Goes well with the cake

Bought Cameras for OOT Bags

Bought Bags for Sailing Guests and Bridesmaids

Bought Bath and Body for bags

Bought luggage Tags for all guests

Bought Passport Holders for all guests

I found Mr and Mrs Coasters for the Tables.

I bought 50 battery powered candles that Flicker for Tables in Wedding. I want it to look like a Night Wedding. My room has no windows.

Bought Travel Candles for rehearsal dinner

I am keeping it super simple. I am getting married on embarkation with 20 guests, all family and very close friends. I did not like the bouquet carnival provides from pictures I saw (big bow in the middle of the roses), and upgrading seemed so expensive, so I made my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids and 3 boutonnieres out of silk flowers for probably half the price of upgrading just my bouquet. My coordniator said I still get the roses, so she is going to put them in a vase for me. I am also bring a cake topper and got personalized bev naps for the reception. I want to do favors still, but not sure what and I'm getting down to the wire. I'm not doing programs because it's such a small group who all know each other.

Thank yall for all the info!! This helps alot :) I also emailed someone from carnival wedding department and found out I can change the colors of the bouquet to pink at no additional cost! Im ok with just the color change, I sooo did not want a plain old white bouquet, Im ok with a little old fashioned looking if I dont have to pay out any more money!!! :) :) :)

I will let you know everything I made and brought, but I must for warn you, I am a bit obsessive, and I went above and beyond. But I will also tell you, it was all of the little things that everyone commented on. I also need to tell you that I was not married on embarkation day, so if you are, some of this may not fit in. Feel free to ask questions about anything. I am very crafty, so all of this was hand done and saved tons of money.

* I made my own flowers, the flowers that carnival provided were simple all white roses, with some ribbon. The upgraded flowers were outrageously priced. I was able to make all of my flowers for less than $100.00. I will look to see if I have a picture of the white bouquet provided by Carnival. They still gave me the flowers even though I made my own. They just stayed in the room. I made flowers for all of the following.... My bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquet, grooms bout, 3 groomsmen bouts, 4 parents corsages, 3 sisters corsages, flowers for the sand ceremony table.

* I purchased little silver picture frames from Hobby Lobby in the wedding section. They hold wallet size pictures. I purchased 6, I glued flower petals and star fish to the outside of the frames, and put photos of us in the frame. These were placed on the cocktail tables at the reception.

* I made tent cards that were placed next to disposable cameras on each table at the reception, telling everyone to use the cameras to help preserve our wedding memories.

* I used a signature frame for our guest book, but on the glass frame I glass etched our names and wedding date to add something extra.

* I made fancy cards with the wedding details, such as the room location, and reception location that I handed out upon boarding the ship.

* I made fun cards in the shape of fruity drinks with a funny saying inviting my guests to a cocktail party that Carnival provided from the points I redeemed off our group booking.

* I purchased personalized gifts for each person that helped me with the wedding, my wedding party, and our parents. I handmade cards for each gift.

* I made adorable tropical themed distressed scrapbooks that I gave to each guest as a "wedding favor/thank you," I handed these and the gifts out at the cocktail party.

* I made detailed instructions for every guest on how the ceremony was lined out. (This was necessary because everyone had a part in my wedding).

* I made small vials of sand for everyone in attendance, as they were all part of our sand ceremony. Each vial had a personal note attached with a poem. Each guest as they entered the room to be seated, took their vial of sand and poured it into the vase of the person they were there to represent. This act signified their part in our life before we were joined as one. The wedding party and parents poured their vial of sand as part of the actual ceremony when they walked down the aisle.

* I glass etched our names on our sand vases, and a saying on the sand ceremony frame we used.

* I made bubble vials for each guest. (Do NOT do this, you will not be allowed to use them).

* I purchased small packages of Kleenex with our monogram on it to pass out at the guests entered the ceremony.

Carnival did not have a problem with anything I brought, with the exception of the bubbles. You also cannot bring live flowers out of the country, so all of mine were fake. We brought so much stuff on the ship, as everything had to be packaged carefully, and we had all of the attire. No one complained about anything, or the amount. We did have to open our flower packages to prove the were fake flowers.

Congrats ladies....

Thank you so much for this post!!!!

I too am an avid DIYer. I love the personal touches, etc.

We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in 2013 on a Carnival Cruise, so this information was very helpful.

I know a few things I am planning on doing already, This just adds to it!

thanks!:)

Ronney

Thank yall for all the info!! This helps alot :) I also emailed someone from carnival wedding department and found out I can change the colors of the bouquet to pink at no additional cost! Im ok with just the color change, I sooo did not want a plain old white bouquet, Im ok with a little old fashioned looking if I dont have to pay out any more money!!! :) :) :)

FYI- you can upgrade to the "hand-tie" bouquet for only $20. I did this and the color change and was very happy with it.

1378221249__MG_9721(640x524).jpg.4baea03026f605750a40ea9570fc3eaa.jpg

Congrats ladies....

soon2bmrsspd - What a wonderful list! I do have a couple of questions though. I'm getting married this April while on a cruise to Antigua. We will be getting off the ship and getting married on the beach, so I won't need the ships services. But, I do want to bring my own (fake) flowers and I had bubbles, but I see from your review that I won't be able to carry them. Oh Well! I might just mail them to my coordinator in Antigua. I also want to carry my dress on and not check it. Will they let me have a carry on plus my dress garment bag?? Also, how did you transport your flowers to keep them nice, I'm having trouble with trying to figure out how to either carry them on or check them.

FYI- you can upgrade to the "hand-tie" bouquet for only $20. I did this and the color change and was very happy with it.

Your photo isn't working for me.... I'm curious what this upgrade looks like. I'm waiting a price quote now on what my flowers will cost (2 bouquets and 2 bouts) I'm a lil nervous!

soon2bmrsspd - What a wonderful list! I do have a couple of questions though. I'm getting married this April while on a cruise to Antigua. We will be getting off the ship and getting married on the beach, so I won't need the ships services. But, I do want to bring my own (fake) flowers and I had bubbles, but I see from your review that I won't be able to carry them. Oh Well! I might just mail them to my coordinator in Antigua. I also want to carry my dress on and not check it. Will they let me have a carry on plus my dress garment bag?? Also, how did you transport your flowers to keep them nice, I'm having trouble with trying to figure out how to either carry them on or check them.

Will you be driving or flying? That will be the question when it comes to packing your items. I was able to drive, so I had lots of packages so not to ruin anything. For the flowers, I found plastic flower containers at Hobby lobby for all of the smaller ones. For the bouquets, I found some smaller cardboard boxes that they fit perfectly in, and I stabilized them in the boxes by cutting a hold in Styrofoam for the handle. I then secured the Styrofoam to the bottom of the box, essentially suspending the bouquet in the box.

You will be able to carry these on, I did, it’s just that they made me open the suitcase/boxes that the flowers were in so that they could verify that they were fake. I left from Charleston, and I have not heard anyone else mention this. Also, with the bubbles, you will be able to bring your bubbles. You just are not allowed to blow bubbles for a Carnival wedding. I brought them with no problem, they just would not let me use them. Since you are getting married elsewhere, you will have no problem.

As for what they will allow you to carry on, you can carry on, anything that you can physically carry, no carts, etc.... As long as the item will fit through the scanners, they will not say anything. I carried on EVERYTHING wedding related, dress included. Granted, I had several people helping me, but don't stress the carrying on part, they won't say a thing. With your dress though, and packages, keep in mind about the scanner, it has to fit through an airport sized scanner. Also when it comes to packaging, if it is just the two of you, remember that your room will not be ready for a few hours after you are on the ship, so you will have to have all of this with you everywhere you go until your room is ready.

@amykns…. Thanks, and I did make my own cake topper, but I left it at home (the only thing I forgot). However, I was happy with theirs, and think mine would have looked funny on a white cake. Theirs was a little cheap, however, it looks fantastic in the pictures, and on the cake, and that is what I will remember so I was happy. No one noticed anyway.

Happy planning ladies, and if you have any questions, just ask. I am so happy with my wedding, so I love helping to ease y’alls minds. I stressed every little thing, and absolutely hated not knowing the details until the last minute, but as long as you have everything planned the way YOU want it, everything else just doesn’t matter.

Your photo isn't working for me.... I'm curious what this upgrade looks like. I'm waiting a price quote now on what my flowers will cost (2 bouquets and 2 bouts) I'm a lil nervous!

Try this link instead!

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=3058230025/PictureID=112378036025/a=4836078025_4836078025/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

here is a pic of the bouquet carnival provided. i did not use it.. i made my own silk.

167897_1579405288206_1327875540_31362743_4645058_n.jpg

we brought our own cake topper, silk flower petals for the aisle, custom cocktail napkins, sand ceremony set, i made seashells for our wedding cake & favors for our guests

Thanks for the picture!! I actually really like that I think its cute :)....

here is a pic of the bouquet carnival provided. i did not use it.. i made my own silk.

167897_1579405288206_1327875540_31362743_4645058_n.jpg

we brought our own cake topper, silk flower petals for the aisle, custom cocktail napkins, sand ceremony set, i made seashells for our wedding cake & favors for our guests

Because we had to cancel our wedding on board the Carnival Splendor a month before our 12/19/10 wedding but were able to book for the Carnival Spirit for the same day, we only had 3 weeks for Carnival to change to there San Diego florist rather than their Long Beach florist. Because there was no time for this, I was able to find my own florist and bring my own live flowers on board...and I am so glad I did! They did provide me with the white rose bouquet anyway, and I hate to say it, but it was HORRIBLE. Maybe they didn't go all out becase they knew I was bringing my own on board. We brought our own cocktail napkins in Orange and Red, our wedding colors. I also brought my own cake topper. We had them leave the cake very plain, just the white frosting. My florist provided extra ribbon that I requested to I could trim the layers with the red and orange ribbons. She also had left extra flowers with them and we use a few of them on the cake to add more color. It was beautiful.

I had huge OOT bags for the sailing guests. The LLBean canvas types. I made them myself in our wedding colors. To get everything on board, we put all the stuff for the weddings in two large plastic totes. One was just the OOT bags and the other had the cd's,topper, Kiddish cup, napkins, candy favors, etc. The clear plastic totes had red lids so they were easy to identify. The one with the OOT bags be brought them to our room and I handed them out at dinner on the first night. The 2nd one with all the wedding supplies was taken straight to the reception room where I had a designated guest make sure it was all set up as I wanted.

Having the two plastic bins was great as we were able to put all the things we purchased in Mexico into the totes for the 8 hour drive home. The totes slid and fit perfectly under our stateroom bed.

Archived