zip line reservations?

cruisingschool

Yes, you can get off the ship and just have a taxi cab take you to Almonds & Corals to zipline. I would be careful that you get a vehicle that is in good shape as A & C are a good ways from the pier. The distance isn't the only factor, the roads are either real good in Costa Rica or real bad. You also will need to worry about getting a taxi back to the ship if you let that cab leave. The zipline takes you over 1 1/2 hours to do, if it isn't crowded.

Cruisingschool,

We used Oscar Brown for our wonderful day in Costa Rica. We had such a great time with him last year that we will be using him again next January. IMHO I think you will get more of a tour with him than you will by booking directly with Almonds and Corals, besides Oscar is cheaper.

Whom ever you book with, just know that the internet can be iffy at times in Costa Rica. There also is the problem of your computer not letting a return email because it thinks the email is SPAM.

Here is Oscar's information if you want to get in touch with him.

email cbrown@costarricense.cr

his cell phone is 011-506-350-6415

It is cheaper to use a international phone card if you call him. I believe that Houstontx has posted all of the tours that Oscar does here on the Costa Rica thread.

I hope you have a great time. I can't wait to see Oscar and Aurora next year.

Cruisingschool,

Aurora Gomez is the owner of Almonds and Corals. She gets her emails from her son's account in San Jose I think, which is a larger city. I can understand the problems that Oscar has with email as we live in the country and do not have access to High Speed internet.

Almonds and Corals I believe does have a van that will pick you up and will take you to the zipline and the cost is $75.00. Oscar's tour cost us $70.00 total for the zipline and all of the other things that we did with him that day. If are having trouble getting in touch with Oscar by email, just call him. Buy an international phone card and call him on his cell phone 011 506 350 6415. You can just dial the number off of your home phone, but it is cheaper to use a calling card.

Some of the reasons that people have problems getting emails back from Oscar is that there firewalls and Spam blockers read the .cr on the end of the email and the won't allow the email into your account. I think AOL accounts have a little more trouble than others.

I hope you have a great cruise and a great day in Puerto Limon. We will be there Jan 31, 2006..... I have already booked with Oscar a year in advance.

Archived