Storm coming.......Flights

DQlover

We have a nasty snowstorm coming (we live in Metro Detroit area) and I need to get ready for it. Our flight takes off from DTW the day after the snowstorm is predicted to comes through our area, but you know how the weather forecast is often off a day or so.:(

Anyone ever ask the airlines to change your flight to miss a storm? I have heard it is costly, but thought I would ask.

Also, someone mentioned to me about the airlines weather "advisory" alert, and the possibility of then getting an early flight without the penalty. Anyone had to deal with this issue before?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Michelle

The storm will miss us, that Justin Ryan fella is wrong all the time. As soon as he said snow last night I was relieved because I knew it would miss us!

On a serious note, if your flight is on Wednesday evening or on Thursday you will be fine. Tuesday and early day on Wednesday its gonna be a hot mess at DTW

The airlines have sometimes requested that travellers who are able fly earlier with no penalty. I would call your carrier and find out if you can, otherwise they will cancel flights and it might take a day or two to get things back on schedule. It won't hurt to ask if you can get out a couple of days earlier, but then you have to worry about getting a hotel at your port.

Archived