Can someone please walk me through this?

Half Pint

I have read here you can somehow sign up on the carnival.com website to keep in touch with friends/family back home while you are cruising.

I have searched Carnival's website and am unable to find it (no surprise there, the website is very poorly designed).

If you use this service, is it like email? It's free, right? And can the friends/family at home respond to you, or is it only one-way communication?

My mom will be home with our children while we cruise, and I'd like to have some way of contacting her and she to contact me in case of emergency.

Can someone kindly walk me through the process?

Thank you! :D

If you look at the forums on the carnival website, you'll see a link to "currently onboard", located in the User Groups - from what I understand, that is where you can go to post online from the boat for free (no internet charges) and your family can reply back to you as well.

Don't forget to have all that are replying to your posts, register with Carnival, otherwise they can't do anything but read what is posted. And, of course, everyone can see what you write.

When you open your browser when you are on your cruise, on the right hand side of the page, there is the 'free stuff' that you can do, there will be a heading saying so.

Melanie

Don't forget to have all that are replying to your posts, register with Carnival, otherwise they can't do anything but read what is posted. And, of course, everyone can see what you write.

When you open your browser when you are on your cruise, on the right hand side of the page, there is the 'free stuff' that you can do, there will be a heading saying so.

Melanie

Just thought of something else. lol Does the ship have computers for you to use, or will I need to drag along my netbook?

Yes, I knew what is written is public...I'm not a message board newbie. :) But thank you for the reminder, in case others didn't know.

Archived