Walk around town while in port or island tour?

thesawch

We are to be on the glory next week and with this Belize thing going on and the change up of dates for our western cruise we were scheduled to do Grand Caymen on Friday feb 11th. However we may be going to grand Caymen now on the wednesday and the tour company we were using is totally booked for our tour on the wednesday. If we decide to just walk around is there a downtown or what is within walking distance of the port etc. Also are there islands tours available that you can walk up to out of the blue and take as you get off the tender.We don't want to make plans yet as we don't know whats going on with our cruise yet. Thanks for any info...

I have the same question- can i get off the ship and walk to a island tour place and do an island tour- Turtle Farm, Hell, Rum factory and 7 mile beach? I dont want to book it in advance. Also, is there any shopping area within walking distance from the port?

Thank you all- 24 days till the cruise!

There is shopping right there at the dock when you get off the tender boat so shopping is definitely within walking distance. The Rum Cake place is right there near the dock (go right when you get off the tender). If you get of the road that runs by the shore you may find some very interesting shops. I found one that had wood carved items.

DH and I have been to GC so many times that one time we decided to do our own thing. We went over by the Post office (I think) and picked up their public transportation (a large van that they call a bus) and went out to the turtle farm and then to Hell. If you can do this with a group of people you may feel a little more comfortable. The local people are usually very helpful in getting you to the place where the "bus" will pick you up.

Archived