Loose Gems

papilliontraveler

The sale of loose gemstones is a popular thing on Carnival. I seriously doubt they've stopped doing it. Now, if you're talking about the stones they set out on tables in front of the store, you're looking at semi-precious gemstones, i.e., amythest, citrine, topaz, etc. If you're looking for precious gemstones, those are inside the store. However, if St. Thomas is on your itinerary, I would recommend looking at the stones in the jewelry stores around Havensight Mall. My missus and I have bought a number of loose precious stones over the years ranging from tanzanite to sapphires to rubies to diamonds. They've all been purchased in St. Thomas and we've never been disappointed. All were appraised well above what we paid for them.

The sale of loose gemstones is a popular thing on Carnival. I seriously doubt they've stopped doing it. Now, if you're talking about the stones they set out on tables in front of the store, you're looking at semi-precious gemstones, i.e., amythest, citrine, topaz, etc. If you're looking for precious gemstones, those are inside the store. However, if St. Thomas is on your itinerary, I would recommend looking at the stones in the jewelry stores around Havensight Mall. My missus and I have bought a number of loose precious stones over the years ranging from tanzanite to sapphires to rubies to diamonds. They've all been purchased in St. Thomas and we've never been disappointed. All were appraised well above what we paid for them.

Rick,

I guess what I am asking for/about is the semi-precious ones then. Yes, they are the ones they set out on tables for 1 or 2 nights in front of the jewelry stores on the ship.

I have been on 3 different Carnival ships and never seen unset stones, so it must be a ship or a port of call option.

Really? Well the last cruise I was on was in 2008, but everyone up to that point always had a night or two that they sold loose stones, ie: amethyst, topaz, citrine, etc. in a variety of sizes. They were always very reasonably priced. Maybe they have done away with it the last couple of years.

Really? Well the last cruise I was on was in 2008, but everyone up to that point always had a night or two that they sold loose stones, ie: amethyst, topaz, citrine, etc. in a variety of sizes. They were always very reasonably priced. Maybe they have done away with it the last couple of years.

And they will again papilliontraveler. We're headed out on cruise #20 in 18 days and on all preceding 19 cruises, we've seen semi-precious stones out on tables, either just outside the store or on tables inside the store. They'll be there and we've been on every Carnival ship but the Dream. Indeed, I've been reviewing the Fun Times posted by cruisers on recent trips and I've always seen at least one and sometimes two nights when semi precious loose stones are on sale that evening.

And they will again papilliontraveler. We're headed out on cruise #20 in 18 days and on all preceding 19 cruises, we've seen semi-precious stones out on tables, either just outside the store or on tables inside the store. They'll be there and we've been on every Carnival ship but the Dream. Indeed, I've been reviewing the Fun Times posted by cruisers on recent trips and I've always seen at least one and sometimes two nights when semi precious loose stones are on sale that evening.

Rick,

Thank you, that is exactly what I(ok, my wife) was looking for.

Have a great trip.

Archived