Why use a PCC over a TA?

krnplcd

This is my second time cruising. Both times through NCL and I've done so both times through my PCC...however, for the second time I've transferred this booking to a TA due to obc credits/a discounted rate. What is the point of having a PCC is the PCC is unable to match obc from other ta's or offer similar OBC. The little OBC that I got from NCL the TA said would be included with the TA's OBC. So.... what is the point in having the same PCC each time if towards the end he just tells me to go with the TA anyways?

For me, I like to have some control over my booking. If you have your booking through NCL, you can call/email for any discounts you see on the ncl.com website (if it's before final payment). Even after final payment, if you see a price reduction, you can still ask about upgrades, etc.

If you're booked through a TA, they have to make any changes to your reservation. You can no longer talk directly with NCL.

I book directly with NCL and a PCC. Using an outside TA means you have a 3rd party involved, you call them, they call NCL.

I like having a direct line to NCL and my PCC gave us a bigger OBC than some of the online agencies.

I have nothing against TA's, I used to be one, just a preference.

Lynda

This is my second time cruising. Both times through NCL and I've done so both times through my PCC...however, for the second time I've transferred this booking to a TA due to obc credits/a discounted rate. What is the point of having a PCC is the PCC is unable to match obc from other ta's or offer similar OBC. The little OBC that I got from NCL the TA said would be included with the TA's OBC. So.... what is the point in having the same PCC each time if towards the end he just tells me to go with the TA anyways?

I never understood this as well. I have a PCC for a couple of lines. I would book with them, keep my reservation up til last min. (before final payment ), and then transfer to an online TA for OBC. I would never not go with a TA , you are just leaving money on the table if you don't.

I book directly with NCL and a PCC. Using an outside TA means you have a 3rd party involved, you call them, they call NCL.

I like having a direct line to NCL and my PCC gave us a bigger OBC than some of the online agencies.

I have nothing against TA's, I used to be one, just a preference.

Lynda

I have never been given a bigger OBC from a PCC, than an online agency.

Archived