Anyone out there going to be on the Feb. 19th Royal Clipper cruise?

loveislands

I posted yesterday to see if anyone wanted to join my friend and I on an independent shore excursion in St. Lucia... One other person is interested... Would love to find one more person to make it a foursome, but I am also wondering...

is anyone is reading this board who will be on the Feb. 19th sailing aboard the Royal Clipper, whether interested in shore excursions or not?

If so, please post something here!

I did two Windjammer cruises in 2002 and 2003... my only other cruises. I am looking forward to the Royal Clipper experience, still a sailing ship but larger and more upscale.

Looking forward to escaping the wintry weather we've been having in Texas!

I posted yesterday to see if anyone wanted to join my friend and I on an independent shore excursion in St. Lucia... One other person is interested... Would love to find one more person to make it a foursome, but I am also wondering...

is anyone is reading this board who will be on the Feb. 19th sailing aboard the Royal Clipper, whether interested in shore excursions or not?

If so, please post something here!

I did two Windjammer cruises in 2002 and 2003... my only other cruises. I am looking forward to the Royal Clipper experience, still a sailing ship but larger and more upscale.

Looking forward to escaping the wintry weather we've been having in Texas!

Don't get frustrated with a lack of response. A significant number of your fellow passengers aboard Royal (Star Clippers in general) don't use this site as a cruise planning tool. It was our impression that most of the European passengers travel as a group and tend to plan/do things as a group. US & Canadian passengers are in the minority.

St Lucia has a very heavy Catholic population and I am surprised that you found anybody that would be working on a Sunday. Virtually everything around Rodney Bay was closed when we were there. We happen to be up early as we approached St. Lucia and did get to see the Pitons as we sailed by.

Planning for shore activities is difficult because arrival/departure times are soft. We never knew what the ship's schedule would be until the daily paper was delivered. I believe you are on the same itinerary as we were nearly two years ago. I posted the schedule we had in this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1061746

Enjoy!

Don't get frustrated with a lack of response. A significant number of your fellow passengers aboard Royal (Star Clippers in general) don't use this site as a cruise planning tool. It was our impression that most of the European passengers travel as a group and tend to plan/do things as a group. US & Canadian passengers are in the minority.

St Lucia has a very heavy Catholic population and I am surprised that you found anybody that would be working on a Sunday. Virtually everything around Rodney Bay was closed when we were there. We happen to be up early as we approached St. Lucia and did get to see the Pitons as we sailed by.

Planning for shore activities is difficult because arrival/departure times are soft. We never knew what the ship's schedule would be until the daily paper was delivered. I believe you are on the same itinerary as we were nearly two years ago. I posted the schedule we had in this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1061746

Enjoy!

Thanks, Paul & Marilyn (MSN-Travelers) for your reply... I appreciate your comments! I am leaning toward waiting 'til we are in St. Lucia on Sunday to decide whether to rent the water taxi to go to the south side of the island. I believe our time on island will be the same as yours, as I know we have to do the fire drill the first morning at 10 a.m., so should be able to catch views of the Pitons on the way up island to Rodney Bay.

Re: everything being closed - Jerome, who runs IsraelKing Water Taxi, must not be Catholic or needs the income, no matter the day of the week! I have done research and found out that the Botanical Gardens I wanted to see on the southern end ARE closed on Sunday, but the Drive-in Volcano and other attractions will be open. He requires making a 50% down payment with him in advance to secure the booking, so am a little hesitant to do that, in case something unforeseen happens between now and then...

One of the ship's excursions listed goes to the Caribelle Batik on the northern end, which, according to my research, is also closed on Sunday. I've been told that they may open, however, for the cruise ship group.

So... while I am the type who likes to have everything planned out in advance, I see that I may need to go with the flow a bit more and not get too upset if I don't get all the photo opportunities or see all the sights I have in mind...

I did look at the itinerary with arrival/departure times that you had posted for your cruise, and anticipate we'll be on that same schedule.

Thank you again for your input!

Archived