Can I do it all in Edinburgh?

JanetAlice

Depends on how long you spend each place. The castle can be a relatively quick walk through (well, an hour), but if you really want to see it all, you'll need quite a bit more than that.

Haven't been to Holyrood and haven been inside the Royal Yacht, but I've been to the area where the Yacht is, and it's quite a distance from the Old City.

The full HOHO bus takes an hour or so as well to make the full circuit.

We will be in Edinburgh from 7am to 7pm and I am thinking about taking the Majestic Hop on/Hop off bus which includes admission to the Edinburgh Castle, Holyroodhouse and the Royal Yacht. Is that possible to do in the time frame I have?

Yes, I think that's achieveable in one day, especially on the ho-ho bus, so you'l see lots of the other main sights as well. Think the nearest the Majestic tour gets to the Castle is Waverley Bridge so you'd have to walk from there (10-15 mins) but you could do that as soon as you arrive in the city from the port, then pick up the bus. Sure you'll love Edinburgh.

Archived