Booking our own flights or using cruise co.

Sparky333

Wow - you were lucky to make it after all of those delays. I hope our one-day-early buffer is enough.

Have to pray for no snow next January in our area in the mid-Atlantic - I think we'll be safe in that regard by flying through Houston to BA but that doesn't rule out men with hammers :p

I couldn't believe we made it.:) I won't even tell you the horror of our trip back that had France shut due to storms, a dropped passport and a surprise visit to Rio!

But the cruise was flawless with flat calm seas and we made every landing, and even got an extra one because of the good luck we had with Drake's Passage.

Considering that I am more a snorkel somewhere warm person I loved Antarctica and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Glad your actual trip was wonderful and worth the struggle to get there and back!

We've been so lucky for years with no problems re: flights, weather, etc.

I hope our recent hassle getting to Vietnam - missing flights on the way - and then colder/rainer weather there than expected has meant we've paid our dues and we'll be in for more good luck for the next several trips! Fingers crossed.

Archived