ScootCoupe Question

oyveymama

We rented 3 of these last time we were in Cozumel. We thought they looked like so much fun. That turned out to be wrong. My husband and I jumped iin ours and headed off down the road, he could barely keep it on the road. It felt very unstable. something was off with the steering......it was like it was trying to make a right hand turn, so he was having to mussle the wheel. We looked back and my BIL and wife were falling way behind. There car would not go over 20 mph no mater how much throttle they gave it. Mind you we were only doing 30. We all made a decision to return them, its not worth crashing in Mexico. BIL's rented a hummer, and we got a smart car convertible. We had a blast. I would recommend the smart car, it has air and is much safer and easier to drive. You can drive around the island. There is one road that goes in a circle around the island. It is very easy and we always felt safe. There are some awesome beaches on the far side of the island as well as beach resturants, and some shopping. Have fun

Archived