silcer beach club

ottasha

does anyone know any information about this club or have been there? I'm thinking of going there with a private guide who is also taking us to the ruins but I can't really find any information about this place. I don't want to make a reservation with the tour guide without any info. I would appreciate any info or pics anyone can provide

We were in Progreso on 1/17/11 & went to Silcer beach Club. It is a relatively new beach resort that is geared towards cruise ship passengers & is only about 10 minutes away. It was $15 each for transportation to & from there & the use of the facilities.

We were impressed. For the $15 each we paid we got roundtrip transportation with vans leaving every 30 minutes, nice beach chairs, pool, VERY clean nice restrooms & showers, & the use of ocean kayaks.

They had an all-inclusive liquor package for $25 each or food & liquor for $35 or you can pay as you go. Beer was $3 each. We ordered chips & salsa that was very good. The salsa had lime in it giving it a different flavor. The service was EXCELLENT.

The beach was nice (it is not Barbados nice but much nicer than at the Reef (the pool area at the Reef is amazing though) or what we saw of the beach close to the pier (the seaweed was horrible the day we were there). We had a view of the ship from the beach. It is kind of quiet there though.

My DH & I took a long walk down the beach & met some really nice people that were wintering in Progreso in condos. We watched some locals out fishing & pulling their cart with their catch down the beach. It was really very quaint & not crowded at all! If you like to collect shells we saw TONS of beautiful shells on the beach while we were walking.

Massages were available & there was only one vendor there selling his wares & he only approached us once!

We heard about Silcer when we went to see about on going on the double decker bus. The man that told us about Silcer Beach Club, Cristobal Figueroa (he said everybody calls him Cris) showed up to make sure we were having a good time. I told him I wanted to post about the Silcer Beach Club on CC when I got back so he gave me a card. If anyone is interested his e-mail is criss.tours@live.com or his website is www.crisstours.webs.com

There is more info & some pics if you click on my Elation review.

Juli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Our table mates were to go to Silcer. They were dropped off at a beach club that was not Silcer and left there. They were picked up and brought back to the ship 10 minutes before we set sail. I think they said they had booked with Chris Tours. They had an aweful experience. Bad food, terrible pool. I think they said the water was piped to the pool by a visible PVC pipe.

Anyway, it was not my first hand experience, but they had a terrible day.

Why not take a cab or private transportation out to Yucatan Villas hotel? It's further out, the beach is nicer and you can hang out in your own palapa (thatched roof hut) on the beach and order from their restaurant. Not touristy in that there are not many people there but a nice place nevertheless.

Happy planning!

Why not take a cab or private transportation out to Yucatan Villas hotel? It's further out, the beach is nicer and you can hang out in your own palapa (thatched roof hut) on the beach and order from their restaurant. Not touristy in that there are not many people there but a nice place nevertheless.

Happy planning!

Can you give me more info on this?

Can you let me know the amount of a van/cab for 12?

Thanks,

Don

Don't bother. It's a ripoff. Stay on the boat!! Pool is dirty and beach is small. Paid too much for lousy drinks and so so food.

Just off the boat today and Silcer is a joke. It was almost funny when we showed up and saw the facilities. Stay away!!!!

Archived