First time cruiser!

ABinNYC

I am taking my first cruise ever with HAL on the Rotterdam up the Norwegian Coast to see the Fjords on June 20th.

I am cruising with my 15 month old daughter, husband, parents and cousin.

I have been lurking for awhile, so I've picked up many great tips from you all, but was don't see much discussion about the Rotterdam and nothing about this route?

Anything I should know? Any day trips that are highly recommended?

Thank you very much -

AB

Welcome to the HAL Board, AB. Pull up a deck chair and stay a while. :)

I have never done that itinerary but have cruised on Rotterdam many times including a cruise to the Panama Canal last March.

She is a gorgeous ship IMO. She was built as Holland America's World Cruiser (the flagship of the fleet) and she looks and feels it. (She no longer does the WC as HAL switched to a smaller ship.)

Hope you enjoy that ship as much as we always have.

We have cruised on the Rotterdam VI almost 300 days since her inaugural and love the ship. She is truly a "class" ship, and as sail says, was built for World Cruising. Still our favorite "new" ship and after her dry-dock the end of this month should have all the S.O.E. enhancements, I believe.

We have also done the itinerary you have chosen several times and think you will really enjoy Norway...especially the Geirangerfjord. Bergen is one of our favorite spots to visit too, and one we will be returning to this summer on the Maasdam.

Hope you might consider spending a few extra days in Copenhagen after the cruise to enjoy this great City.

Have a great time and let's hear from you after your return.

Archived