Soda Cards

jmeans23970

Not sure if you can pre-order the soda cards, would be nice if you could considering it's one of the first things people rush to do once on board. Took me a half hour to get one when we boarded the Dream last year.

I believe they cost $48-52 for the soda card for 7 days. You may want to call Carnival & check if you can pre order cause when I just booked my cruise the other day, they asked if I had a soda card on previous cruises and said yes, but I explained that I will do without this time around (I don't drink enough soda to make it worth it).

Not sure if you can pre-order the soda cards, would be nice if you could considering it's one of the first things people rush to do once on board. Took me a half hour to get one when we boarded the Dream last year.

I believe they cost $48-52 for the soda card for 7 days. You may want to call Carnival & check if you can pre order cause when I just booked my cruise the other day, they asked if I had a soda card on previous cruises and said yes, but I explained that I will do without this time around (I don't drink enough soda to make it worth it).

You can pre-order soda cards from Bon Voyage by calling during them during business hours and asking for the UNLIMITED SODA CARDS. (they'll try to sell you the soda coupons otherwise) They are not available online.

Not sure of the price now, but this time last year they were $6.00/day for adults and $4.50/day for kids plus a 15% gratuity and Florida sales tax. (Maybe the home port's sales tax, I'm not sure)

Oldrailfan,

How did you get the sticker for your card? At check in or did you have to wait until your room was ready?

Thx.

There will be random tables set up and they are the ones handing out the stickers and taking money . It is immediately when you board. There is one right on the lido take for our convenience.

Thanks, Jenn - Even if you prepay through BV?

No, if you pre pay then it will be imprinted on your card by the computer, which is much nicer in case the card gets wet and the sticker peels off. I have done it both ways and I like to do it before hand so there is no sticker.

You can pre-order soda cards from Bon Voyage by calling during them during business hours and asking for the UNLIMITED SODA CARDS. (they'll try to sell you the soda coupons otherwise) They are not available online.

Not sure of the price now, but this time last year they were $6.00/day for adults and $4.50/day for kids plus a 15% gratuity and Florida sales tax. (Maybe the home port's sales tax, I'm not sure)

You are beyond helpful! Thanks so much!

No, if you pre pay then it will be imprinted on your card by the computer, which is much nicer in case the card gets wet and the sticker peels off. I have done it both ways and I like to do it before hand so there is no sticker.

I just got off of the Spirit 9 day cruise two days ago. I bought my unlimited Soda Card from Bon Voyage and it was NOT imprinted on my card. I had to wait until I could get into my room to pick up a paper that was placed there and then I had to take it to one of the bar locations to have a sticker put on it. It was nice to prepay for the card but I was unable to use it until I could get into my room so....no soda for me during my first lunch onboard. I will always buy a card but because of this I won't order my card in advance again. :(

Oldrailfan,

How did you get the sticker for your card? At check in or did you have to wait until your room was ready?

Thx.

There was a letter from BV in our cabin when we got there, directing us to the Guest Services desk, They in turn directed us to one of the bars on the Promenade deck to get our sticker.

On the Fascination, I never saw any tables set up to sell soda stickers, they were sold at the bars and charged against your S&S card. This was last September and things are subject to change, and different ships do things differently, so no telling how it's being done now... I think it would be great to have it embossed right into the card - by the end of our five-day, the sticker was pretty well faded/rubbed off of both cards.

if it's not imprinted on the card when you preorder, but they direct you to any bar via a letter, couldn't you just go to the bar before going to your room?

Unfortunately, you don't get the letter 'til you get to your room... or at least, we didn't.

You might want to consider bringing a couple of cans of soda on board in your carry on and wait to buy the soda card once the ship leaves port and is in international waters. That way you wouldn't be charged sales tax on your soda card purchase.;)

How much soda do you drink? I brought 2-12 packs on in my carry on for a 7 day cruise and that was more than enough soda for the week. Heck of a lot cheaper too! I just bought the 12 packs at the CVS next to our hotel in Miami!

Archived