Ft. Lauderdale hotels in January - is this a reasonable price?

Foo7595

To all you seasoned cruisers, and/or Priceline users - I'll be cruising in early January (with a group cruise), and I can book the Embassy Suites for $149 (+local taxes). I've been looking around quite a bit at other close-by hotels, and reading many posts of folks who get the Marriot for $52, Embassy for $80, etc... thru Priceline. My question to you is, what time of year are you getting these rates? Is $149+ a reasonable amount to pay for Embassy Suites in January, or can I do much better through Priceline? I'm looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay - close to the port.

Big_eyed_toucan.gif

I bid in September for a March pre-cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale, received the Marriott for $52. Hope this helps, but I think you can do better than $149 on priceline, but remember, you have no say in which hotel takes your winning bid.

Hope this helps, good luck to you.

If the $149 rate is cancellable, I'd reserve that, then start bidding on Priceline. Except for some early wins last fall, the Priceline prices for this past winter were generally over $100 for the 3* properties in the Downtown zone, and the Embassy Suites never became available at all.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Thanks Burbunny for the good advice - I'll definatly check into that! I've never used Priceline before, and I kept reading all these posts for hotels under $100 - and then when I went to check at these hotels websites, they were all advertising $200+ a night for January. Noticed you are up in Denver - what part? I'm up near Cripple Creek, west of the Spgs. How bout that big snow we just had? LOL icon_eek.gif

Lisa

Big_eyed_toucan.gif

Lisa - have to love Springtime in the Rockies! I live in the SE metro area - near Cherry Creek Reservoir. Had a bit over a foot of snow here, but it's basically gone already except in very protected areas of my yard.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Archived