"Teatotalers" review of Feb. 9 cruise

Crowsnesters

Originally I was going to add a comment to artbcpa's excellent review, but decided to post this seperately so viewers could search for it later.

We throughly enjoyed our whole cruise (except the iffy tummy bit), including the snorkeling. On the tea subject, the PG has Twinning's English Breakfast as well as herbals, other flavors and I believe I saw some Lipton's Yellow Label. At breakfast it always came in a pot with the water already poured over the tea bag. On occassion at dinner we needed to remind the waiters to do this, but as all ways on the PG they compleyed with a smile. We were delighted to discover that very good unsweetened ice tea was always available at lunch, and on request at dinner. Although at dinner we often did have to tell the wine steward more than once an evening that did not want wine. They had splenda as well as nutrasweet and sugar for sweetening at all venues. It was realitively easy to just have a cup of tea at the afternoon tea in La Palette, since the tea was served at your table and the treats were buffet. However the scones were delicious. We saw very few people walking around with alcoholic drinks in their hands, and the waiters were not at all hovering but still available. I understand the virgin pina colada was delicious, but I did not try it as I was eating too many calories to want to drink that many extra. I do love those sorbets. Ice tea was also available at the Tahaa motu, and we had cocacola at the Bora Bora beach. Well that is probablely more than most of you wanted to know on this topic but I hope it helps someone.

Do you happen to know if the iced tea served was brewed or made from a concentrate? I ask because I was surprised to find out that the iced tea served on the Voyager (Regent) is not brewed but is made from a concentrate. Those concentrates have chemical preservatives added and barely resemble tea. I will really be disappointed if the PG doesn't brew iced tea.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived