Miami DOUBLETREE GRAND Bayshore ?

twofromcolumbus

Looking for any information about this hotel from anyone that has stayed there lately. Please give room info, the area around the hotel, what is close by, how was the hotel in general, good or bad points, etc.

CCL PARADISE (7) 10/15/2000

CCL CELEBRATION (5) 10/27/2001

CCL PARADISE (11) 04/21/2002

CCL SENSATION (4) 01/30/2003

NCL STAR (7) 10/19/2003

CCL IMAGINATION (5) 10/16/2004

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at this hotel using hotwire ($59) for one night pre-cruise over February break(2/15 7pm - 2/16 12pm). My husband was worried about downtown area (we were with our young kids) but lobby area put his mind at ease. Mind you, we never left the hotel until taxi to ship the next morning. Hotel and Condos share the building. Center reception area is for condo. Hotel check-in is to the left. Room was sufficient for one night, especially for the price. I wanted a room facing the bay, but they didn't have any doubles available. Maybe only the king bed rooms have that option. Best part was that a mini-mall was attached. Had pizza and pasta in a small Italian cafe for dinner, and in the morning we went to a deli/grocery/cafe for breakfast. Also was able to pick up some wine and non-alcoholic beer for the cruise there. Hotel staff was also friendly and patient (once they figured out how to turn it on) when I needed to use their fax machine a couple of times to ensure a car was waiting at the pier on return.

Archived