St. Kitts Xcellent Zipline!!!

Royal Addiction

We did the Zip line Tour which is only 2 years old. I didn't see it advertised on the website in November. We booked it from our TV in the cabin and are very happy we took this tour. It was absolutely wonderful and very high--taking you across canyons of trees into openings revealing picturesque views of the ocean. It was well worth the price and the experience. It was built near the rain forest area where all the beautiful trees are tall and glorious. I had my camera and took great video of zipping to and fro. If you want to see it, it's posted on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnSXXx1ROSk

• 2 weeks later...
We did the Zip line Tour which is only 2 years old. I didn't see it advertised on the website in November. We booked it from our TV in the cabin and are very happy we took this tour. It was absolutely wonderful and very high--taking you across canyons of trees into openings revealing picturesque views of the ocean. It was well worth the price and the experience. It was built near the rain forest area where all the beautiful trees are tall and glorious. I had my camera and took great video of zipping to and fro. If you want to see it, it's posted on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnSXXx1ROSk

We are going to St Kitts on the Miracle in April and are interested in this excursion. Can you take still photos while you are zipping? How long does it take once you start zipping? Would appreciate any info you could provide on this excursion. Thanks Cindy

My husband and I were just on the Miracle last week and did this excursion through Carnival. It was our first time ziplining and if you're looking for one that's not very challenging then i would say this is for you. I guess I was expecting something much more adventurous so didn't have as much fun as i was expecting. There is 5 run total...the first one is a short practice one. You are strapped in this full body harness (i always felt really secure and safe) and you don't even have to brake yourself, they have a braking system. You just have to lay back with your feet up at the end or you could really get jerked around and hurt your back or neck. With the carnival excursion you are basically split in groups of like 20 to get on the bus. It is about a 25 min. bus ride to the zipline. Then you are splint into groups of 10 with two tour guides. One of the groups goes on a lil walk/hike while the other one heads straight to the zipline. We were in the group that went on the walk first. Which some of it was ok but then they sent you to the gift shop/gardens for 30 min. which i didn't really care to see and would've rather got straight to the ziplines then sitting around. Then we got all our equipment but then had to proceed to wait 15-20 min. for the truck to get there.... well the truck only holds half the group so then had to wait for the 2nd half of our group to get up to the top before we started zipping. So way too much waiting for me. Carnival advertises it being a 2.5 hour excursion...well we left on the 10:30 group thinking we'd be back by 1:00. Well we weren't back til 3:00...needless to say no food on the excursion and i was starving. Had i have known it would be longer i wouldve ate a bigger breakfast! Also, make sure you get water at the beginning of the tour when you drop your stuff off in the office. Otherwise you don't get the water til the end. Husband and I were really really thirsty. There is a spot in your harness that will hold the water bottle. also, u can take pictures while you are ziplining as the camera can be hooked on your harness. The actual zipline runs were ok. first real run was the longest. I didn't think it was very fast though. They gradually got faster as u went along. The view from the zipline over the island was really incredible. This was just an ok excursion for me as it wasn't adventurous enough and the waiting around was just too much in my opinion.

Val gives a good idea of the experience... but I think different cruiselines, different groups = different experiences (like most anything right?). We did it through Celebrity (if you are on a ship you CANNOT book independently, btw), and booked the later time slot (the first was to leave ship 8-8:30 I think, and the second was 11 am). The time we were given was about 4 hours, and we still ran over a bit. Our bus driver was a very good guide too, so we really got a great overview of the island as we were coming/going.

Our group total was two small buses from the port (there was another ship), and our bus was only 9, so that was our friendly little group. We had no waiting at all, maybe 20 min watching the other bus (split into 2 groups) go first, which was fine as we got to watch, and then were last, so we could take our time with no one behind.

When we were done, our guide took us over to Caribelle Batik (the tour does NOT mention this, so it's a nice extra IMO). We were the ONLY ones in the whole place (I have been there before with more people), so we wandered the gardens, had a long demo of the batik, I even got to try my hand with the Batik woman -- took pictures/got drinks, etc. By the end of the day, our little group were fast friends.

I too would have liked a little more 'zip' but it was my first zipline and a great introduction, so of course I am an expert now...;)

All in all we had a wonderful excursion.

(If you go, try to get Teon (Tay-on) for your guide... he was fantastic! Tell him Lee and Liz say hi!)

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't zip in St. Kitts because there are only 5 zips......not worth it. Belize, Honduras, St. Lucia, etc. all have much better zips. Check out other ports and do a beach at St. Kitts.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great time on this excursion and if you have never done it before, it is a great start. The harness system was great as it really allows you to enjoy the ride and not worry about braking.

Our group of 10 all fit in the truck for the ride to the top, 8 in the back and 2 inside.

Archived