Wanted to Introduce Myself and Give Details

I posted on the roll call and plan on doing a review, but I noticed that a lot of you ladies have been on here for a while planning your weddings, so I wanted to kinda give a little background on myself and let you get to know me.

My name is Kim. I'm 27, I'll be 28 at the time of the wedding. My fiance, is Kieth, he is 33. We are getting married on the Carnival Fascination on June 11th, 2011. This is my second wedding, and his first wedding. I have one little girl, Taylor, who is 6. He has one little boy, Jaxon, who is 3. We have been together for a little over 3 years. (Yes doing the math, we were together before his son was born. Long story, and I could get into it but this isn't the time or place... LOL)

We have 8 cabins reserved for the cruise with 18 people, including the 2 of us. My daughter is going on the cruise and staying with my dad and step mom. His son isn't cruising, and we are still trying to work out a way for him to be there. We aren't sure how that's going to work. In our cruising party we have all relatives from both sides. It should be a blast, his cousin and his wife, who we are really close to are going on the cruise with us, and are both in the wedding party. We have one groomsmen and 2 bridesmaids who will not be cruising with us.

We have the Deluxe Wedding package, with the hour and a half reception and open bar. We have reserved the DJ, so we know that the reception will be in the Diamonds are Forever Disco.

My bridal party is wearing clover green dresses. Taylor is wearing an ivory flower girl dress to match my ivory wedding dress, and a clover sash with it.

The guys will all be wearing the classic tux.

We are coming down to Jacksonville, FL on Thursday night and staying at his aunt's house. On Friday the girls are having a spa day at the same location that we will doing our hair. The guys will be hanging out at aunt's house by the pool with my daughter and soon to be step son if he's there. Then, later that evening we will have the rehearsal dinner.

The morning of, my fiances aunt's spa/salon that she uses is opening up for us at 7:30 and bringing in 5-7 hair dressers to do our hair and my make-up. They are planning on having mimosa's waiting on us when get there to get our day started off right. I plan on bringing orange juice and fruit for my daughter, so she doesn't feel left out.

I am still trying to decide on how I want my hair and my daughter's hair done for the wedding. My daughter has shorter, thick hair so I am concerned about it. I have long hair, and I am willling to cut if need be, but I think long hair is an advantage here.

I think I covered everything, if there are any questions please feel free to ask.

Hi Kim; welcome!

You will find that the majority of the brides here are booked with Carnival so you will be be able to find a wealth of information by posting questions. Remember though, there is a 'search' feature and it does help find information as you wait for ladies to post the most recent info.

~Happy~ wedding planning! :D

Congrats on your up coming wedding!! I would keep your hair long, I have been growing mine out, and it seems to be the way to go. Atleast for me.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Archived