Mazatlan Replacement?

AberAlex

I'm sure this will be the first of many posts with the same question. I tried searching the site first to save the redundency that sometimes happens on these boards but couldn't find an answer. I will be going on the Splendor in May but haven't received a notification yet from Carnival about the Mazatlan cancellation on the itenerary. Question is: does anybody who did get an email notification or is "in the know" have an idea what Carnival will be doing to recover the lost day in Mazatlan? An extra day in Cabo? Dare I say Ensenada? While I love Cabo and will be going there for the third time this cruise it would be nice to get three ports in. I'm really hoping for La Paz or Loreto as a substitution (Holland America goes to both infrenquently) but realisitically I know it's going to be hard for Carnival find another port that could accomodate the Splendor on such short notice. Any information would be greatly appreciated! And a note to Carnival, because I know people from the cruise lines read these posts: more variety for west coast cruisers would be welcomed! Sea of Cortez intensive cruises in particular would be awesome!

I'm sure this will be the first of many posts with the same question. I tried searching the site first to save the redundency that sometimes happens on these boards but couldn't find an answer. I will be going on the Splendor in May but haven't received a notification yet from Carnival about the Mazatlan cancellation on the itenerary. Question is: does anybody who did get an email notification or is "in the know" have an idea what Carnival will be doing to recover the lost day in Mazatlan? An extra day in Cabo? Dare I say Ensenada? While I love Cabo and will be going there for the third time this cruise it would be nice to get three ports in. I'm really hoping for La Paz or Loreto as a substitution (Holland America goes to both infrenquently) but realisitically I know it's going to be hard for Carnival find another port that could accomodate the Splendor on such short notice. Any information would be greatly appreciated! And a note to Carnival, because I know people from the cruise lines read these posts: more variety for west coast cruisers would be welcomed! Sea of Cortez intensive cruises in particular would be awesome!

This is what they have been doing so far..

3/13 Long Beach

3/14 at Sea

03/15 Cabo San Lucas

03/16 Cabo San Lucas

03/17 Puerto Vallarta

03/18 at Sea

03/19 at Sea

03/20 Long Beach

Archived