Booking Online

laurenpie

Hi Guys!

I am wanting to book online (today....)

Not to cruise anytime soon, I just want to know I am booked - I am over waiting!

Anyway, my question is has anybody else had any difficulties booking online?

I've decided our last cruise was the last one that I was going to book through a travel agent (over paying through the nose for something I can probably do myself)

I have emailed 2 Carnival PVP's - haven't heard anything in over a week, and speaking via telephone isn't really an option as I live in Australia (too costly)

Can anyone see any problems that I am going to come across?

I booked online Friday, easy as pie. It was a pack and go rate and the ship has no balconies so no upsell fairy possibilites. That was a benifit of having a PVP, I could call him when I saw price drops and he did manage to get us a balcony for an extra 200. A (good) PVP is willing to go that extra mile. No 800 number in Australia?? Good luck and happy cruising!! :)

I booked online Friday, easy as pie. It was a pack and go rate and the ship has no balconies so no upsell fairy possibilites. That was a benifit of having a PVP, I could call him when I saw price drops and he did manage to get us a balcony for an extra 200. A (good) PVP is willing to go that extra mile. No 800 number in Australia?? Good luck and happy cruising!! :)

Ooh that does sound fun. I hope you have a great time.

It seems easy, I've got as far as the 'checkout' as such... but wasn't sure if anybody had come across any problems later. :)

I've booked all my cruises through Carnival.com. It's pretty easy. One thing to watch for is that it defaults to "pay full amount" and not "pay deposit" so if you only want to pay the deposit initially, double check that the right radio button is checked. I've never had any problems after booking.

I just tried to book & pay and it said..

Direct consumers living outside the United States or Canada not permitted to book directly with cruise line. Please contact a local travel agent in your area.

:(

My only issue with booking on-line is that I like to pick our cabin, and you don't always see all the available cabins on-line. You will only see max. of 10 for each cabin category. Or if we are booking more than one room & want to be near each other, we won't do that on-line typically. Those are the only drawbacks for us personally.

Archived