Ship time vs. Puerto Vallarta time?

DJErikD

Help! I'm looking for some clarification as to "Ship Time" vs. "Puerto Vallarta Time." I thought I read that on the Mexican Riviera cruises, HAL doesn't use "Ship Time". Unfortunately, the search function isn't helping me find the post I swear I saw before.

On our upcoming Oosterdam cruise, we're trying to book the earliest possible Los Veranos Canopy Tour, since we have to be back to the ship at 3:15 (ship time?) for the Dolphin Swim we've already scheduled through HAL.

Sylvie from Los Veranos says that while the ship pulls in at 8am (Ship time), it's really 9am (PV time) so we wouldn't be able to make the 10am(PV time) shuttle to the canopy tour. She says by the time we tender take a taxi to the Los Veranos Office, the 10am shuttle will most likely have left.

If we have to wait for the 11am shuttle to the tour, we'll be cutting it close and might not make it back to the ship in time for the Dolphin Swim. Or we'll have to get a taxi to take us all the way from the Canopy Tour Site to the ship at breakneck speed and at who knows what $$ cost.

Does anyone have advice on how long it might take us to get off the ship (we're in a Suite if it matters. I still don't understand how priority tendering works...) and how early we might expect to be on shore?

Thanks in advance,

- Erik

HAL ships always use local time as ship's time. You'll set the clock ahead twice on the way down to PV, then set it back twice on the return to San Diego.

Suite passengers (PS & S) can tender whenever they wish - no need to get tickets or wait for a group to be called. Just head to the tendering location.

Archived