Castaway Cay 5k questions

RandomIam

OK two questions:

1. what happens when the run is over? do you have to go back on the ship or can you go right out to the beach? it seems like on previous cruises the run was at 9 and 'all ashore' was at 10 or so.

2. What do you do with your kids? Last time we had an excursion and had to be off the boat before scuttle's cove was open. They let us drop the kids in the club and actually walked them off the boat to SC while we were gone. Would they be willing to do this for the 5k as well?

If anyone has direct experience with either of these questions I'd love to hear your input.

1. The run starts and ends, more or less next to the ship. They have changed this. Somtimes, the run starts closer to the map, which is 300 yards from the ship. Much depends upon when you actually dock. Last week, it took two attemps, so things were delayed an hour. Yes, you can go directly to the beach from the run.

2. Kids can go into the kids club while you run. You have to sign a waiver to allow kids to get off the ship when you aren't there. There is a kids club on the island, but you won't have time to check them in for the run.

3. FYI - there are no prizes, no "times" etc for the 5K. And they sometimes shorten the run when they are pressed for time.

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

I am far from an avid runner although I am working towards that title... I wanted to know if it would be acceptable to jog/walk/finish in 45 minutes for this particular race. I know it was mentioned that there are "no times", but I'm wondering if there's a time limit... Also, do you need to be able to keep up with the pack or can you go about it in a self-guided/slower manner?

Thanks!

Walking/Jogging is fine, and it doesn't matter how long it takes. You stop at the map so you can see the route, and there are little signs along the route. If the pack leaves you behind, you're on your own, but it's just fine. When finished, you can go straight to the beach.

Archived