2/27-3/06 STAR Review-3

regnig

Crockett Man -

The Amalfi on Fiesta deck 6 is the dining room reserved for traditional dining. To get there from the Plaza deck you are going to have to go up to the Promenade deck 7, walk aft through the Photo Gallery on the starboard side of the ship and then either walk down one flight of stairs or use the outside elevators (see my explanation of outside elevators above). I really suggest you time your arrival 5 minutes or so late to avoid the crowd at the door. The Capri used for Personal Choice/Anytime Dining is located on the Plaza deck.

Northender - yep, the Terrace Pool, adults only, is aft on Aloha. Another great pool we don't want the world to know about.

Yes, I've started to wish my life away again. We just did an open booking onboard to get the reduced deposit and on-board credit. We called our TA Monday morning and she booked just what we wanted. I've checked and it already shows up on the Princess web site. Since we needed 5 specific cabins (the same ones we had on the Star) it was easier for us to do it this way. Also didn't have to give up any "sun/fun" time while on the cruise. We just picked up the forms from the Future Booking desk on Deck 5, filled them out, dropped them into the box and got our paper work back the next day. Had we only wanted one cabin we would have booked on board.

If you book on the ship for your next cruise is there a time limit that it has to be used or can you go home and decide when and where you want to go.

Also what kind of deposit and on-board credit do you get??

Thanks

We just returned from the STAR about 2 weeks ago....I found the steam rooms pretty quickly---considering I did not realize there was a 24 hr buffet avaible until the 5th day!!!!!! Just walk right into the Spa area....there is also the current pool in this area....then go into the mens room....

We SO much hated the layout of the STAR below decks...we got confused going to the Amalfi almost every single night. Have fun---it really is a great ship.

If you book on the ship for your next cruise is there a time limit that it has to be used or can you go home and decide when and where you want to go.

Also what kind of deposit and on-board credit do you get??

Thanks

Sixpk there are two ways you can book on board. One is to book a specific future cruise. Princess has a rep on board who will handle it for you giving you your booking number. You may then turn it over to your own TA or leave the booking with Princess. The second is to book an 'open' future cruise with Princess. You will be provided a Future Cruise Credit ID which you can use to book an actually cruise later with either Princess or your TA. The credit is valid for four years and the Future Cruise Credit Deposit is non changeable and non transferable. The deposit will be charged directly to the credit card you presented to Princess upon boarding and does not appear on your shipboard account. The following applies to either. Your deposit is only $100 per passenger regardless of cruise length. You will also receive shipboard credit for your booked or future open booking.

Cruise Length -

7-9 days - $25 per person interior cabin - $50 per person oceanview cabin

10-15 days - $75 per person interior cabin - $100 per person oceanview cabin

16+ days - $125 per person interior cabin - $150 per person oceanview cabin

There is a second challenge to the aft, deck 6, dining areas...finding a restroom. For the ladies, one must go up to deck 7 and the restroom is a single. Other than that, one must move forward to the area around the Wheelhouse Bar. Residing aft on Emerald, I usually just run back to the cabin. Yes, inconvenient for we Traditionalists.

Northender it is my understanding she is identical to the Star rather than the Grand. Yea that means those great steam rooms! Hubby actually goes up and showers there before dinner so he does not have to fight with the shower curtin in the room. I'm crossing everything available that they don't install MUTS on her between not and March of '06.

Archived