Visable from the Veranda?

QuitMyDayJob

Hello, everyone. This is my first time posting to this board, but I've been reading it for quite awhile. What a wealth of information!

My question is this: I'm considering booking cabin 7047 on the Westerdam, but I'm hesitant because it appears that the PS cabin's verandah right behind it juts out and could potentially see me. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not planning to sit out there au natural, ;) but the thing I like the most about the verandah is how private it is.

Any experience with this?

We were in 7048, same cabin on port side of ship by the penthouse. If the passengers in the ph are on the portion of the balcony that juts out, yes they can see onto your balcony. It most definitely was not a problem on our cruise. One time they were in this exact location and actually it was nice to get to have some conversation with them. I did find that they were neighbors that entertained more than I was use to. Having the large ph definitely lends to entertaining. For this reason I would not chose this cabin again. I move a little closer to the Neptune Lounge and find that this location works best for us. My ship was the Zuiderdam but it has the same deck plan.

Archived