Port or starboard cabin for the Mediterranean??

grayjay

Hopefully my question has not been asked by a million others but: I was wondering if the port or the starboard side would be the "better" one to choose for the Western Med cruise offered on Solstice.

Ports for this cruise are: Livorno, Civitaveccia, Naples, Kusadasi, Chania, Valletta.

As we have not cruised on any ships of the Solstice class before, there is another thing on my mind which you might be able to answer: We did not like the huge overhang on the Millenium's Sky deck, as well as the scraping noises early in the morning from the deck above. Because of the noise, we also wouldn't book Resort Deck on the Solstice. What about Sky Deck on the "Solstice", then? Any problems in regard to that?

Thank you very much for your answer!

(It's unbelievable - our first cruise only a few months ago and we're HOOKED! Planning two more cruises in April and November :).... )

grayjay,

My advice would be to look at the track the ship takes to determine which side you want your cabin on. If the ship is sailing from Livorno, past Rome and then to Naples all the land will be on the port side. Of course if the track is then direct from Naples to Kusadasi the land will be on the starboard side. It's really a crap shoot. I would say port side because it is easier to spell.

Happy Cruising!

Joe

Archived